10 Forest Assistants III at Tanzania Forest Services (TFS) Agency- November 2019
TANZANIA FOREST SERVICES AGENCY (TFS)
Tanzania Forest Services (TFS) Agency as a semi-autonomous Government Agency was established through Government Notice No. 269 of 30th July, 2010. TFS establishment is supported by the Executive Agency Act (Cap. 245) as amended in 2009, the National Forest and Beekeeping Policies adopted in March 1998 and administered through the Forest Act Cap 323 R.E of 2002) and Beekeeping Act Cap 224 R.E of 2002 which provide the legal framework for the management of forests and bee resources.
1.1 FOREST ASSISTANT III – (10 posts) 1.1.1 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To collect tree seeds; ii. To carry out general nursery activities; iii. To carry out routine maintenance of forests; iv. To conduct forest patrol; and
- To perform any other related duties as assigned by superior.
1.1.2 QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE: Holder of Form Four or Form Six Secondary School certificate of education and a Certificate in Forestry or Wood Industry from a recognized institution.
Within Salary Scale of TFSS 3.
- All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania of not more than 45 years of age except
those who are in public service; ii. Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts;
postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers; iii. Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this
advertisement; iv. Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
- Birth certificate. v. Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted
- Form IV and form VI results slips;
- Testimonials and all Partial transcripts. vi. Applicants employed in the Public Service should route their application letters
through their respective employers; vii. Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason
should not apply; viii. Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level
education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE); x. Certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania
Commission for Universities (TCU); xi. Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed/advised to indicate;
xii. A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English and
Secretary, Presidents Office,
Public Service Recruitment Secretariat,
8 Kivukoni Road,
P.O. Box 63100,
11102 Dar Es Salaam.
xiii. Deadline for application is 28th November, 2019 and; xiv. Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview;
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal
action; NOTE: All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the
following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/and not otherwise(This address also
can be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’)
PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT