PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT- TANZANIA
On behalf of the Office of the solicitor General, President’s Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat invites competent, experienced, highly organized and self- motivated candidates to fill 10 vacant posts mentioned below;
1.0 THE OFFICE OF THE SOLICITOR GENERAL
The Government has decided to enhance and strengthen the role mandate and capacity of institutions charged with representing the Central Government,
Independent Departments, Executive Agencies and Local Government Authorities in courts of law arbitral tribunal in any suit or case of ordinary civil, human rights or constitutional nature to which the Central Government, Independent Department,
Agency or a Local Government Authorities is a party or has interest. It is from these premises. The Government via Office of the Solicitor-General
(Establishment) Order, 2018 (Government Notice No. 50 of 2018) re-reestablished the office of the Solicitor General with the objectives to;-
- Enhance and strengthen the Government ability to litigate civil cases
including human rights and constitutional matters in courts of law and undertake arbitral proceedings in tribunals,
- Enhance effective supervision of civil cases in courts of law including human rights constitutional matters; and
iii. Carry out the general coordination of the conduct of civil litigation and arbitral proceedings on behalf of the Central Government authorities
1.1 STATE ATTORNEY-GRADE II -10 POST
1.1.1 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Representing Government ,Public institutions and agencies in courts, Tribunals and Arbitral Tribunals in any suit or matter to which the government is party or has interest
- Drafting pleadings and various legal instruments
iii. Conducting legal research and interpretation of various laws
- Providing legal opinion on any matter of civil nature, Employment, Arbitration, Constitution and Human Rights.
- Attending complaints of civil employment disputes and Arbitration nature addressed to Office of the Solicitor General.
- To maintain adequate case files and related records in order to ensure effective completion of cases assigned
vii. To prepare daily/weekly reports for all assigned duties
viii. To liaises with the Government Ministries, Departments, Agencies, State Corporations, Local Government Authorities, Parliament and Judiciary on all matters relating to Civil Litigations, Arbitration, Constitution and Human Rights.
1.1.2 QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Holder of bachelor degree in Law (LLB) from recognized higher learning institution. The Candidate MUST have successfully completed Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (PDLP) of Law School of Tanzania. Also, must be computer literate and having good English language command both written and spoken. General experience in Civil Litigation, Arbitration, Employment, Constitution and Human Rights matters will be an added advantage.
- All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania of not more than 45 years of age except for those who are in public service; ii. Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
iii. Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
- Birth certificate.
- Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted
- Form IV and form VI results slips;
- Testimonials and all Partial transcripts.
- Applicants employed in the Public Service should route their application letters through their respective employers;
vii. Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
viii. Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
- Certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU);
- Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed/advised to indicate;
xii. A signed application letters should be written either in Swahili or English and Addressed to
Secretary,Presidents Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat,
8 Kivukoni Road,P.O. Box 63100, 11102 Dar Es Salaam. xiii. Deadline for application is 06h February, 2019 and;
xiv. Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview;
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action;
NOTE: All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/and not otherwise(This address also can be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’)
PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT