POSITION : ANESTHESIST NURSE INCHARGE
Job Title : Anesthetist Nurse In-charge Duty Station : Nyarugusu Camp (Kasulu DC) and Mtendeli Camp (Kakonko DC) Reports to : Health Coordinator Age Limit : Not above 55 Years. Posts : 2
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform pre-operative patients’ visits: explain procedures to patients and check whether they have any medical conditions that could create problem under anesthesia.
- Prepare operating room: check anesthesia machine, supplies, medicine and gases.
- Assist Anesthesiologist to administer anesthetics to patients.
- Administer intravenous fluids and basic anesthetics to patients under supervision and direction of anesthesiologist.
- Observes condition of patients during surgical procedures, including skin color dilation of pupils and vital signs: initiates remedial measures to prevent surgical shock or other adverse condition as required.
- Documents anesthesia notes on patients.
- Help wake up patients after the anesthetics.
- Accompanies patient to recovery area and remains until patient’s immediate condition is acceptable.
- Perform post -anesthesia patient visits to rule out any complications secondary to anesthesia patient visits to rule out any complications secondary to anesthesia.
- Assist the anesthesiologist in the emergencies
- Participate in education and research
- Responds timely to patient’s resuscitation call, at the accident and emergency department.
- Ensure adherence to standard operating procedures.
- Performing any other duties related to his/her work as assigned by his/her superior and any other related authority of the Institute.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Nursing and Certificate of Anesthesia from a recognized Institution.
- Must be registered by the Tanzania Nurses and Midwifery Council and must have Computer skills
Mode of Application: Interested candidates with the required qualifications and experience are advised to submit their application letters to the address mentioned below; together with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating names and contacts of at least three referees; certified copies of academic certificates; Birth Certificate or National ID or Passport (Provide only one document) and other relevant awards.
Applications may be submitted directly by hand delivery to either TRCS Headquarter – Dar es Salaam Office;TRCS Kigoma Office; TRCS Ngaraganza Office – Kasulu District; TRCS Makere Office – Kasulu District, TRCS Kibondo – RFL Office and TRCS Mtendeli Office – Kakonko District.
No applications will be received/considered through email or any other form of online submission.
The deadline for submission is 24thJanuary 2020 by 16.00 Hrs.
Only short listed candidates meeting the minimum set criteria will be invited for interview. If you do not hear from us within two weeks after the application deadline you should consider your application as unsuccessful.
Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS) does not CHARGE A FEE at any stage of the recruitment process.
All applications are free for all candidates and no one should give any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. Should the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to TRCS – HR Department through Organizational Official Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Secretary General, Tanzania Red Cross Society, Mwai Kibaki Road, Mikocheni B, Plot No. 53, Block ‘C’, P.O Box 1133, DAR ES SALAAM
Tanzania Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer.