2 Clinical Officers at MDH
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health (MoH); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others. MDH seeks a qualified individual to fill the position below.
Job Title: Clinical Officer
Reports to : In – charge
Deadline: 21st February 2023
Job Summary :
Providing clinical care to HIV patients in the Clinic.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing Clinical care to HIV patients in the clininic including;
- Management of Opportunistic Infections
- Staging of HIV patients for Antiretroviral Therapy (ART) eligibility
- Initiating patients on ART
- Managing complications of ART
- Initiation and monitoring of Post-Exposure Prophylaxis
- Providing consultation to HIV-positive patients on the wards as requested.
- Maintaining accurate medical records and other data collection as required for Monitoring and evaluation within the Clinic.
- Participating in Clinic Team Meetings and assisting the site manager with strategic planning for the Clinic.
- Performing any other duties assigned by the Facility in-Charge
- Requirements, Education, work experience and skills
Diploma in Clinical Medicine from a recognized institution;
- At least three (3) years’ experience in HIV/AIDS care and treatment services.
- Ability to maintains confidentiality in all aspects.
- Excellent command of Swahili and English languages, in written and oral communication.
- Experience in basic computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, Power point and internet.
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure and stringent deadlines
Special Employment Condition
On contract basis
How to Apply:
To Apply for this Job register or login to https://recruitment.mdh.or.tz/ and from the Dashboard click on Search Vacancies button.
The deadline for submitting the application is 21 February 2023.