2 Finance Assistants at Tanzania Communication and Development Center (TCDC)
2 Finance Assistant
Tanzania Communication and Development Center (TCDC), is a locally registered not for profit Organization that envisions being the leader in social behavior change communication and Development in Tanzania. . TCDC’s vision is creating empowered households and communities that are happy and healthy and our mission is to improve the health and wellbeing of households and communities by equipping them with the skills, tools and mindset needed to live happy and healthy lives.
TCDC has following vacancy:
Position: Finance Assistant (2)
Reporting to: Finance Manager
Duration of Contract:One year renewable
Job Objective: Finance Assistant will support the administration of the financial/business functions of the finance unit. Typically uses Quick Book computer system to perform duties. Performs tasks with work priorities and general instructions provided by the supervisor. Exercises judgment in selecting and applying TCDC established procedures correctly and in determining when to refer problems to the supervisor.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Input accounting data into the accounting system with speed and accuracy
- Daily filling and stamping of Vouchers posted in quickbook
- Matching Purchase orders, invoices and deliveries of various procured goods and services.
- Processing and reconciling bank and petty cash accounts.
- Verify advance payments.
- Review accuracy and compliance of imprest and travel advance retirements
- Preparation of statutory payments and follow up of receipts on monthly basis.
- Reconcillation of payable accounts including fuel, utilities, pension contribution and withholding taxes.
- Provide assistant to HR and Administration department in petty cash and imprest management .
- Assist Senior Finance Officer to provide financial logistical support to staff and partners during field visits and workshops.
- Provide assistant to Senior Finance Officer in preparing the Financial reports to all donors at the end of each monthly or quarterly basis.
- Assist Finance Officer to train, manage and disburse funds to TCDC CBOs.
- Work closely with the Senior Finance Officer to ensure smooth operation of all finance matters.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications and requirements:
- This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in accounting and/or finance, preferably with a non-profit organization.
- Experience of working within finance department
- Ability to pay attention to detail and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work in a busy office environment that often demands high levels of concentration
- Ability to manage high volume workload.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal management guidance/supervision.
How to Apply?
Please manually apply for this job using the details below:
If interested, please apply by emailing to email@example.com the following:
(1) Curriculum Vitae (start with your most recent employment and state job title, employer, dates employed as well as skills and achievements in each employment listed); (2) cover letter (please refer to the core competencies and state how your skills, knowledge, and experience demonstrate your suitability)(3) two professional references.
Please do not send additional attachments or copies (i.e. academic transcripts or professional certificates) at this time. You may apply no later than May 10, 2019. This is an immediate opening so no applications will be accepted after this date. No phone calls or in-person applications will be accepted.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted, so there is no need to follow up.