2 Job Opportunities at AMREF – Regional Project Managers
Regional Project Manager (2) posts
Amref Health Africa
Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB, Malaria, and Nutrition in Tanzania 1987. Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is funded by The U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through CDC Tanzania, to execute a robust
HIV care and treatment clinical cascade project aiming to accelerate the achievement of the current 95-95-95 goals and the HIV epidemic control in Tanzania. Branded as Afya Thabiti, this new project will be implemented in Mara, Smiyu, and Zanzibar from October 2023 covering facility and community-based prevention (including VMMC), care, and treatment services. Afya Thabiti will work in collaboration and with guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly, and Children, Zanzibar Ministry of Health, and President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG). That said, Amref Health Africa -Tanzania is announcing the following vacancies to be filled soon:
Position: Regional Project Manager (2) Location: Mara and Simiyu Regions Reports to: Project Director
The focus of this role is to provide leadership, coordination, and management of the technical staff for the Field Offices. The RPM’s main objective is to guarantee the Project’s technical performance of the supported HIV programs in the respective region.
Duties & Key Responsibilities:
- To provide technical and management leadership to District Managers and all project staff assigned in the region, in close collaboration with the Project director, Technical Directors and Advisors based in the DSM head office;
- Responsible as Regional Contact Person for the Project/Amref and facilitates proper and timely communications within the project and to sub awardees/regional relevant stakeholders;
- Oversees and coordinates the regional operations, transportation, and logistic needs to effectively and efficiently support program implementation and be accountable to the proper fleet and Amref/project assets management
- Oversees procurement process related to both program implementation and support to sub-awardees as per the approved work plan and budget to ensure proper and timely execution
- Assures a complete and well-functioning technical team in the respective region, including timely communication on additional staffing needs and the participation in the recruitment of staff members; wherever and whenever necessary, and takes over or complements the responsibilities of the supervised Project Officers;
- Responsible for the effective planning and documentation of the communication and support provided to Afya Kamilifu Project sub-grantees, including but not limited to supportive supervision and periodic joint meetings such as quarterly program reviews pg.
- Preparing program and financial reports and submit to the Project head office in a timely manner and ensuring that internal control systems are working effectively and efficiently
- Collaborate with the Project M&E team for the timely submission of high-quality quarterly, semi-annual, and annual donor progress reports to the Project Director
- Responsible for the timely submission of work plans, reports on activities performed, or any other report, as required by Project Direct and Head of Programs
- To facilitate the production of written documents including best practices and lessons learned.
- Represent Amref at various regional meetings after obtaining prior approval from Amref CD and HoP
- carry out any other responsibilities as assigned by the line manager or other Amref senior management team.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required:
- A degree in health-related fields with a Master’s in public health or other relevant fields
- Proven experience and competence in project and human resource management skills, and critical analysis capacity
- At least 7 years of “hands-on experience” in a senior position in HIV prevention, care, and treatment program in the resource-limited countries
- Experience working with Local Government Authorities in Tanzania
- Experience working in public health NGOs preferably but not limited to the PEPFAR funded projects
- Good interpersonal and people management skills-a team player and builder.
- Good command of English and Swahili language will be an added advantage
HOW TO APPLY:-
If you are AMREF Tanzania Staff and meet the criteria given above and are interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined as one document indicating your present job position, daytime telephone contact, and names and addresses of three referees. Amref will conduct interviews at Tanga, Mara, Simiyu, and Dar es Salaam Offices to select qualified candidates. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 Hours on August 18, 2023. Please mention the job title/vacancy name or use the job title as the subject line when applying for this position, failure to do that your application may not be retrieved.
All correspondences should be directed to: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Direct application through mail or hand delivery will not be accepted.
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a nonsmoking environment policy “Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”.
Any Applicant attempting or communicating to the Amref Health Africa Management or Staff through phone calls, sms, text emails and other means will automatically be discqualified from this opportunity. All communications should be channeled to the provided official correspondence email above.
Amref health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.