2 Supply Chain Assistants Job Opportunities at AMREF
Supply Chain Assistant (2 positions)
Amref Health Africa
Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB, Malaria, and Nutrition in Tanzania 1987. Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is funded by The U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through CDC Tanzania, to execute a robust
HIV care and treatment clinical cascade project aiming to accelerate the achievement of the current 95-95-95 goals and the HIV epidemic control in Tanzania. Branded as Afya Thabiti, this new project will be implemented in Mara, Smiyu, and Zanzibar from October 2023 covering facility and community-based prevention (including VMMC), care, and treatment services. Afya Thabiti will work in collaboration and with guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly, and Children, Zanzibar Ministry of Health, and President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG). That said, Amref Health Africa -Tanzania is announcing the following vacancies to be filled soon:
Position Title: Supply Chain Assistant (2 positions)
Work Station: Mara (1), Simiyu (1)
Reports to: Regional Project Manager
The Supply chain assistant is responsible for ensuring that Project supported sites meet the national standard for ARV and related commodity supply chain management. S\he will work closely with the Pharmaceutical teams at facilities including collaborating closely with District and Regional Pharmacist providing technical advice and guidance on Supply Chain and Management of Health Commodities.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure availability of ARVs, HIV Test kits, medications, and other relevant commodity ad supplies to support regional HIV/AIDS services
- Ensuring that validated drug management tools (paper tool and software) are available and supportive to supply chain management systems.
- Identify training needs for sites, Districts, and regional pharmacists and facilitate training on good practice in pharmaceutical and supply chains management site staff.
- Collaborate with National, regional, and district-level pharmaceutical personnel to develop a mentorship program for site-level staff.
- Ensures uninterrupted supply of HIV-related commodities at all Project-supported sites.
- Ensure that forecasted and budgeted HIV-related commodities including lab commodities are constantly for every single site/district.
- Ensure that every single site/district has the required minimum and maximum stock levels of all HIV-related commodities including lab reagents and consumables, and assist in redistribution of products when out of stock.
- Providing technical assistance to site staff responsible for ordering HIV-related commodities through e-LMIS through accurate forecasting and ordering from the MSD regional stores.
- Facilitate procurement, distribution, and dispensation of supplies according to standard operating procedures.
- Maintain the inventory of drugs and Laboratory commodities and reagents that are present at both drugs stores and all of Project supported site pharmacies Prepare monthly, quarterly narrative reports.
- Collecting on monthly basis information about the stock at all Project supported sites districts, compiling per region.
- Carry out any other responsibilities as assigned by the line manager.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
- Diploma in pharmacy, a degree in a relevant field is an added advantage
- Public Health background is an asset
- At least 3 years of experience in Health commodities management within the public and private sectors (forecasting. procurement, distribution, and monitoring)
- Experience in health and PEPFAR programs.
- Knowledge of using existing Logistics tools like e-LMIS is an added advantage.
- Excellent written and oral communication, Fluency in English as a working language
- Good knowledge of computer software applications such as MS Word, Excel.
- Ability to identify problems, design interventions and oversee their implementation.
- Ability to train and mentor others, Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks.
HOW TO APPLY:-
If you are AMREF Tanzania Staff and meet the criteria given above and are interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined as one document indicating your present job position, daytime telephone contact, and names and addresses of three referees. Amref will conduct interviews at Tanga, Mara, Simiyu, and Dar es Salaam Offices to select qualified candidates.
To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 Hours on August 18, 2023.
Please mention the job title/vacancy name or use the job title as the subject line when applying for this position, failure to do that your application may not be retrieved.
All correspondences should be directed to: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Direct application through mail or hand delivery will not be accepted.
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a nonsmoking environment policy “Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
Any Applicant attempting or communicating to the Amref Health Africa Management or Staff through phone calls, sms, text emails and other means will automatically be discqualified from this opportunity. All communications should be channeled to the provided official correspondence email above Amref health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.