24 Research Assistants at UMATI, May 2019
Research Assistants (24) at UMATI Dar es Salaam(2), Dodoma(2), Morogoro(2), Mtwara(2), Iringa(2), Mbeya(2), Rukwa(2), Tabora(2),Geita(2), Simiyu(2), Tanga(2) and Kilimanjaro(2)
UMATI Dar es Salaam, Rukwa, Simiyu
UMATI in collaboration with Health Action International (HAI) will undertake a research project entitled “Assessment of Access to Sexual and Reproductive Health Commodities in Tanzania”. This study aims to generate reliable information on the price, availability and affordability of selected important commodities in the SRH supply chain in Tanzania, with the ultimate goal of improving access to affordable medicines for all.
UMATI wants to recruit competent individuals to fill the following position:
Job Title: Research Assistants (24)– Casual Positions
Division: Programme Development, Management and Coordination
Location: Dar es Salaam(2), Dodoma(2), Morogoro(2), Mtwara(2), Iringa(2), Mbeya(2), Rukwa(2), Tabora(2),Geita(2), Simiyu(2), Tanga(2) and Kilimanjaro(2)
Responsible to: MeTA Tanzania Project Lead
Date: May-June 2019
- Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake facility-based electronic data collection using ODK technology.
- Ensure implementation of the study at the study site is according to the study protocol.
- Maintaining and uploading data collected on daily basis.
- Ensure safe and confidential custody of study documents and facilitate retrieval whenever required.
- Provide regular reports to the study coordinator.
- Ensure the study is carried out ethically and according to applicable laws and regulations.
- To report immediately any challenges encountered as they conduct the interviews
- Perform other activities as needed and indicated by the Research Coordinator or other study investigator
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
Must be a holder of a Bachelor Degree in any of the following disciplines; Pharmacy, Nursing, Clinical Medicine, Public Health; and/or any other Social sciences. Worked as a research assistant in health research projects previously.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Some knowledge, understanding and experience working on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and spoken) skills.
- Experience with electronic data collection desirable
- Ability to take initiative and work well independently and as part of a team.
- Can maintain confidentiality in all aspects.
Mode of Application
Please manually apply for this job using the details below:
Applications should include:
- Letter of application with details of how you meet the desirable criteria
- Curriculum vitae including names and addresses of three referees (two must be from your most recent employers)
- DO NOT include any certificates
- Applicant should select at least 3 regions of your preference.
- Applications which do NOT include ALL of these elements will NOT be considered.
The application should be sending through email via: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted applicants will be informed by phone call
Closing date for applications:
Applications received later than 15th May 2019 will not be considered.