25 Assistant Laboratory Technicians Jobs at Medical Teams International December 2019
Assistant Laboratory Technicians (25 Posts)
Responsible for performing routine laboratory investigations for patients. Ensure security and hygiene measures are always respected.
Minimum Qualification: Diploma
Experience Level: Mid level
Experience Length: 2 years
- Collect samples, including performing phlebotomy and conducting home visits to patients unable to travel to health facility, and conduct routine laboratory investigations for patients
- Interpret laboratory results, communicate findings to clinicians and file reports while ensuring confidentiality
- Process specimens to be sent to outside laboratories and do follow up
- Maintain quality control of specimen samples
- Ensure hygiene and sterilization criteria, including universal precautions, are met; manage waste as per good laboratory practices
- Ensure biomedical equipment is in good working order by using in accordance with user manual and protocols, perform cleaning and minor maintenance and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning
- Monitor the consumption of supplies and equipment required for laboratory activities and notify supervisor of re-stocking needs
- Ensure that medical practices are conducted with the highest level of integrity and ethics according to professional and MTI Code of Conduct
- Support safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Diploma or advanced diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology is required
- Health Laboratory Technologists’ Council of Tanzania Valid practicing license is required
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Wednesday 12 th December 2019. 5.00PM.
- Interested applicants who meet the criteria should email their Application letter and CV ONLY saved as your name (Surname FirstName) in PDF or Word ONLY with subject as “Laboratory Assistant” ; including 3 work related referees to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Indicate your Salary expectation/ current or previous salary/Notice Period; at the bottom of your CV
- INDICATE CLEARLY IN THE SUBJECT LINE: ASSISTANT LABORATORY TECHNICIAN