DRIVERS ( 3 POST)
Mwananchi Communications Limited, a subsidiary of Nation Media Group, and publishers of Mwananchi, The Citizen and Mwanaspoti newspaper is looking for motivated and highly experienced individuals to fill the position of:
DRIVER ( 3 POST)
Job Purpose: Support operations by ensuring proper usage, regular maintenance and repairs of
assigned vehicles for high performance and to undertake driving assignments within and outside assigned areas as required.
- Assist in the recovery of broken down vehicles.
- Give technical guidance to other vehicle users to polish driving skills and unsure the safe use of the vehicles
- To drive company staff on official duties.
- Carry out routine maintenance of vehicles.
- Perform all assigned duties on time without deviating to unauthorized route as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Diagnose faults and carry out repairs where applicable and advice Supervisor and staff on the repairs of vehicles.
- Ensure that vehicles are clean and have all the requisite safety gargets such as fire extinguishers, dusters, basic tools and equipment and also valid road worthy certificates and insurance
- To drive newspaper distribution vehicles from Mwananchi Communications Ltd to designated customers.
- Ensure the newspaper parcels distributed are verified in quantity and type. Be responsible for loading and offloading newspaper parcels being distributed on first in last out order for efficient drops en route.
- Ensures the safety driving rules and regulations are followed when driving company vehicle.
- Ensure that schedule maintenance and repairs are performed according to the agreed plan by tracking the mileage readings of the assigned vehicle.
- Ensure that all legal documents and stickers are current and valid.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
Academic : ‘O’ Level Certificate.
Professional : Motor Vehicle Technician, NIT Professional Driver’s License class C
Experience : 3-5 years working experience.
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward their applications enclosing a detailed CV and copies of professional certificates, and a day time telephone contact by May 29, 2019 to;
Human Resources Manager
Mwananchi Communications Ltd
P. O. Box 19754.
Dar es Salaam.
Email: [email protected]
NB: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.