VACANCY FOR 3 NUTRITIONISTS
Doctors with Africa CUAMM Trustees: Doctors with Africa CUAMM Trustees is a non-for-profit entity, dealing with health issue. It was founded in 1987 and its headquarter is in Dar es Salaam, CUAMM focuses on supporting health system, strengthening projects tailored to the specific needs of the countries where the organization carries out projects. Through its evidence based approach, CUAMM Trustees works to help availability of quality healthcare especially to the most vulnerable.
CUAMM wishes to advertise the following post which is required to be filled with highly motivated and competent Tanzanian Nutritionist on contract basis for a period of one year.
Position: NUTRITIONIST Reports to: NUTRITION COORDINATOR/COUNTRY MANAGER Duty station: IRINGA/NJOMBE/KILOLO Contract duration: One (1) year.
NOURISHING THE FUTURE: INTEGRATED INTERVENTIONS IN AGRICULTURE, HEALTH AND NUTRITION SUPPORTING THE FIRST 1.000 DAYS OF MOTHERS AND CHILDREN IN IRINGA AND NJOMBE
OVERALL GOAL The Nutritionist is responsible for the good implementation of project health facility nutrition activities, as per work plan. She/He will coordinate directly and coordinate with the Nutrition Coordinator. She/He will also be co-responsible to maintain good relationships with government counterparts and other stakeholders at local and District level and, particularly, with health institutions.
- Conduct health facility support, working side by side with the health staff, doing daily training on the job and staying in the health facility the time needed for understanding the gaps and the needs.
- Identify training needs and prepare training programs for health staff in collaboration with the doctors in charge and the Nutrition Coordinator
- Conduct quarterly health facility supervisions of health staff activities utilizing the given tools and following the IMAM guidelines;
- Prepare reports and analyses;
- Conduct data collection in the health facility of the Project’s area;
- Monitoring the data collection process in collaboration with the Nutrition Coordinator;
- Prepare and conduct with the Nutrition Coordinator the quarterly IMAM meeting with all the in charge of the health facilities and the medical authorities to give the supportive supervision feedback and plan together the next step forward.
- Support the Nutrition Coordinator in the realization of ECD corners and ECD related activities at facility level;
- Collaborate to the training of the CHWs to improve their knowledge and skills on nutrition and Early Child Development
- Contribute to ensure and supervise the effective referral systems along the continuum of care for the project beneficiaries in collaboration with the field officer, DNuOs and the health staff.
- Supervise the correct use of Therapeutic food in the health facility and coordinate the quarterly order from the District to the Organization.
- Participate to District and Regional Nutrition meeting with the Nutrition Coordinator.
Required Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Desired skills
- Minimum of Bachelor Degree in Human Nutrition and/or Family and Consumer Studies (FCS)
- At least 2 years working experience in International NGO in similar project (preferably dealing with SAM)
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a multi-tasked team environment and to work independently with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of Early Child Development field is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to handle working relationships with senior officials and technical experts in Government and NGOs
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong quantitative and organizational skills
- Proficient in computer application and database management
- Remains up-to-date with latest methodologies, best practices and donor requirements in nutrition and other related health programs
Deadline for application Deadline for submission of applications is 08th December 2019
Mode of Applications Applications must include:
- Up-to-date CV with at least two professional references;
- Covering letter addressing how the candidate’s experience relates to the specific duties of the position applied for; Applicants are required to submit their applications not later than deadline date of this vacancy to the email address [email protected] indicating clearly in the mail subject “VACANCY APPLICATION – NUTRITIONIST” Only shortlisted applicants will be notified, an interview will be held in CUAMM Trustees Office in Iringa, no costs will be refunded to applicants. In case you do not hear from us in 3 weeks’ time after the closing date, consider yourself unsuccessful.