4 CBS Specialist Job Vacancies at NMB Bank
CBS Specialist – 4 Positions
Dar es Salaam
NMB Bank PLC
Support and create interfaces for Core Banking Systems (CBS) and be responsible for resolving incidents at a Level 2 in the back-end Core Banking Application systems.
Support End of Day (EOD) operators and coordinate Level 3 support issues for all back-end Core Banking Application systems with offshore support teams for proactive and active support.
- Create Web Interfaces (API) for Applications to connect to Core Banking Applications.
- Coordinate project groups and manage business demands to ensure that new systems solutions are sound and support the Bank’s priorities including technical coding and implementation of products.
- Responsible for Level 2 issues related to all Core applications and act as DevOPS support for applications which have been developed in-house from NMB Internal development team.
- Responsible for Architecture System Design for all applications developed and ones connecting to Core Banking Systems.
- Responsible in different sprints of the Project in any software development phase which at the end touch connection with Core Banking Application.
- Support of day-by-day operations & performance of Core Banking System (CBS)
- Automate back-office operations using third party systems through the Core Banking system.
- Provide 2nd level technical support for CBS queries & incidents
- Liaise with CBS Level 2/3 support teams to report incidents and ensure that relevant solutions are implemented both onsite and offshore.
- Manage external service providers to ensure that developments are implemented according to project group requirements and contractual agreements.
- Provide expert advice on Core Banking Systems and contribute to the unit’s objectives.
- Responsible for User Acceptance Testing on testing of Core Banking changes.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Knowledge in Linux Systems Support and Administration
- Knowledge in creating and supporting scalable Enterprise applications.
- A good understanding of Operating System software and computer hardware, preferably Unix/Linux or Solaris.
- Familiarity with Structured Query Language (SQL) using RDBMS databases like MySQL, Postgres, MS SQL or Oracle.
- Conversant with current and emerging technology trends in areas such as Robotic Automation, Artificial
- Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning
- Programming languages, preferably Java, Python and PL/SQL.
- Interpersonal skills; Teamwork; Good communication skills; Attention to detail
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/Information technology/Computer Engineering or related field
- Certifications in Linux/UNIX is added advantage.
- Certifications in Database management e.g., Oracle will be added advantage.
- A minimum of 2 to 3 years’ experience in software development, DevOps support or Core Banking System
- System Administration experience with proven capability to interact with IT resources (Infrastructure, IT architect, Risk system specialists) and Business departments.
- Experience in Core Banking software technical management, working with development and support of Banking systems.
NMB Bank Plc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and achieving a gender balanced workforce.
Female candidates and people living with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
How To Apply
NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Job closing date : 19-Sep-2023