4 Job Vacancies at Benjamin William Mkapa Foundation – Regional Monitoring and Evaluation Officers
The Benjamin William Mkapa Foundation (BMF) is a non- profit Trust, established in 2006 with the vision towards healthy lives and well-being for all, in Tanzania and the rest of Africa. Its strategic mission is to contribute towards the attainment of better health outcomes through innovative health and related system solutions.
BMF has been granted an award by Henry Jackson Medical Research International, Inc. Tanzania (HJFMRI Tanzania) through its U.S. Army Medical Research Acquisition Activity (USAMRAA) to support management of non-clinical Human Resource for Health Component under Southern Highland Zone Civilian Project (SHL) implemented in four regions of Rukwa, Katavi, Songwe and Mbeya. Through this award a total of 317 data management staff will be deployed in 213 health facilities to support program activities in the respective regions. Therefore, this job advert seeks for an innovative, self-driven, dynamic, and competent qualified candidates to fill the following vacancies: –
Title: Regional Monitoring and Evaluation Officers
Administratively reports to: Regional Medical Officer
Technically reports to: Strategic Information (SI) Regional Lead
Location: Mbeya, Songwe, Rukwa and Katavi Regions
- Provide technical support in the design and implementation of all M&E activities.
- Provide Technical support and capacity building to R/CHMTs and Health facilities in data collection, verification aggregation and reporting.
- Implement and monitor M&E work plans and budgets at the regional and district levels respectively.
- Build the capacity of R/CHMTs to provide quality M&E supportive supervision and technical assistance to lower-level facilities.
- In collaboration with RACC to oversee HIV and AIDS data management in the region on data processing and report generation; and support the flow of reports for both the national and WRP monitoring systems.
- This will include supervision of data entry, data management including data quality assurance and analysis, dissemination, and reporting.
- Train and build capacity of regional/district staff in effective use of all paper-based and electronic based systems for the monitoring of programmatic performance and quarterly reporting. Review and compile monthly and quarterly reports to submit to NACP and WRP-T/HJFMRI.
- Collaborate with Regional IT officers to support electronic-based facilities and ensure that databases are continuously up to date, functioning and effectively used according to the highest standards to avoid data backlog at regional and district levels.
- Assist councils in timely, accurate and complete data entry of patient files and registers, PMTCT records, PMTCT records, pharmacy records, and lab results into both paper-based and electronic- based systems.
- Working together with RACC in preparation, review, and compilation of regional program activity reports from the level of councils, FBO and funded hospital and on time submission to HJFMRI.
- Review and compilation of daily, weekly, and monthly report templates from councils’ level for monitoring of the weekly general performance.
- Collaborate with MTUHA focals to have zero data discrepancies between Government and IP reporting systems i.e: DHIS2 and DATIM
- Undertakes other relevant duties as may be assigned by his/her senior
Experience, Qualifications and Knowledge
- Degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Project Planning and Management, Health Informatics, Mathematics and Statistics, Health Systems Management and Biostatistics or any other related field.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience working as a data manager in the HIV/AIDS program settings.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, multi-tasking, and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate fluently in both English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintains confidentiality in all aspect’s Strong attention to detail and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
For all interested candidates the deadline for submitting application is Friday, 25th August 2023.
BMF is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. BMF is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible. In the event of any abuse, you may report by submitting you are complaining via http://whistleblow.mkapafoundation.or.tz/.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER,
BENJAMIN WILLIAM MKAPA FOUNDATION