Makazi Bora Finance Limited (MBFL) is a microfinance company registered under Companies Act, 2002 (Reg. No. 139725735) with objective of provision of housing and microenterprise financing to low and middle income communities in order to improve communities’ living standards.The company has taken over the housing microfinance services that were operated by Habitat for Humanity Tanzania (HFHT), the organization that was very active in housing microfinance in the country.
In order to strengthen operations in the provision of housing and microenterprise financing, the company is intending to acquire a very competent management team to oversee day-to-day operations.
In this view, the company is inviting the motivated and qualified Tanzanians to fill in the following vacancies below at its office in Dar Es Salaam.
Position: CREDIT MANAGER
Reporting to the General Manager, the Credit Manager (CM) will be part of the management team of the company, and will be responsible for credit operations within the microfinance operations.
(i) Key Responsibilities
Cultivating a corporate credit culture which drives growth of the loan portfolio, delivers high customer satisfaction, follows customer protection principles, and enables the company to meet is mission of improving livelihoods for low-income micro-entrepreneurs o Providing leadership and clear focus for the company employees engaged in delivery of credit products and services o Developing strategies (staffing, product, process, marketing, etc.) to enable portfolio growth and client outreach in existing and new regions, o Ensuring strong portfolio quality for group and individual loans, balanced alongside the need to reach the unbanked or financially excluded with unconventional methodologies
Implementing and continuously updating processes and methodologies for core credit products to ensure they remain client attractive and market focused, coordinating with the Business Development Department to incorporate research findings as needed, o Identifying staffing needs and actively participating in the recruitment process for credit staff
Building credit staff competency, providing coaching, designing courses and conducting training where required.
Working directly with staff in order to ensure strong quality of credit operations, and implementation of credit policies and procedures, o Participating in the evaluation process credit officers.
(ii) Qualifications and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related fields, MBA/ MA Economics. Housing microfinance qualification is an added advantage
5 years of relevant experience, in banking/microfinance and credit (retail development focused)
Strong credit analysis skills and experience
Experienced in development of credit growth strategies, policies and procedures at a senior level in similar environments o Exposure to microfinance desired; experience with group lending is beneficial
Proficiency with Microsoft Excel,Word, and Power Point (lii) Critical Competencies:
Strategy Development – Develops strategic outreach and growth plans; Coordinates strategies; Communicates changes and progress; Completes strategic planning process on time and within budget Manages team activities
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
Managing People – Makes self-available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services; continually works to improve supervisory skills, o Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals. Understands the need of housing finance and housing value chain o Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
Position: GENERAL MANAGER
The General Manager (GM) shall be the Chief Executive Officer of the Company who shall report to the Board Chairperson.
Implements and communicates the company’s vision, mission, and overall strategy and direction.
Responsible for all aspects of start-up and day-to-day operations of the company, including staffing, budgeting, outreach and business development o Develops an annual work plan to measure success against short and long term goals, with targeted Key Performance Indicators to be approved by the board of directors.
Oversees a high-performing credit portfolio in line with the company’s growth-phase business plan and long-term sustainability, o Develops a deep understanding of local market policy developments and competitors.
Maintains awareness of both the external and internal competitive landscape, opportunities for expansion, customers, markets, new industry developments and standards.
strategic relationships, o Oversees risk management and full compliance with all legal requirements affecting the company’s business and operations.
Staff /Team Development
Recruits and mentors a strong team of self-starters that reflect the culture and values of the company
Motivates staff and maintains a positive, transparent, mission-oriented and results-driven environment.
Cultivates a positive environment of learning and professional development for all staff members.
Recognizes problems, seeks appropriate input, and develops solutions to resolve personnel problems in a positive, gender aware and culturally sensitive manner.
Identifies important areas for market innovations and develops solutions that address meaningful issues for customers, Creates a work environment that encourages feedback, creative thinking and innovation.
Board Relationship and Representation
In compliance with company Board Charter, serves as a member of the board and reports to the board, delivering on the company’s mission and strategy in line with shareholder expectations, o Pro-actively recommends changes or improvements to the overall * direction, policies and strategy of the organization; solicits advice and seeks guidance, when appropriate, from the board, o Implements board policy and directives efficiently; reports company activities and financial position to the board in a timely manner, o Oversees the relationships that the company maintains with regulators, investors, banks, lawyers, auditors, Government and any other external party.
Develops networks and builds alliances externally that further the commitments and strategic vision.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Proven leadership and good people skills; entrepreneurial spirit o Ability to work effectively in environment of economic, ethnic, gender and religious diversity.
Proven ability to work under pressure and ability to embrace and manage change at all times.
Strong familiarity with local economy and political environment o Natural communicator and relationship-builder, with excellent written and verbal skills in both English and Kiswahili.
Qualifications and Experience:
University Degree in Business Administration, Management Finance, Economics or similar.
Management experience in financial services delivery, banking, microfinance, or relevant business sector in the Tanzanian context required,
Experience in a start-up environment strongly preferred,
At least 8 years of experience in financial services industry and 4 years in senior management or similar position from financial services industry.
Free CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
Position: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
The Business Development Manager (BDM) shall ensure the company maintains competitive business environment in order to enhance growth of services to the target group. He/She shall ensure credit and other products are able to respond quickly to market changes and – most importantly – meet the needs of our clients and target market (low income entrepreneurs and housing seekers). .
- Lead, monitor and research market trends analyses for appropriate decision making and interventions
- Identify and develop opportunities for housing and relevant microcenter prise loans
- Management of key customer relationships and networks
- Preparing and managing a demand driven sales forecast and other resource requirement for the area including budgets
- Develop and implement sales plans to deliver on the set mix and business targets
- Championing products review and development Monitoring, analyzing and reporting of sales performances and taking appropriate action.
- Implementation of brand building and marketing activities
- Developing, advising on training curriculum for customers, agents and partners in product knowledge, motivating and evaluating staff to achieve the highest levels of performance Determining and coordinating of sales reporting and communication requirements
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/ Commerce and management in specialization in marketing and sales, economics or related areas.
- Professional qualification in sales will be an added advantage
- 5 years’ minimum experience in sales and Marketing in the Banking/microfinance institution industry
- Supervisory experience of minimum 2 years
Position: FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
The Finance and Administration Manager (FAM) shall be responsible for financial and administration matters of the organization. He/She shall report to the General Manager. .
- Support the development and implementation of the company strategic and business plan through allocation of financial resources to ensure proper management of financial resources and assets of the company.
- Manage the utilization of company finances according to established policies, plans and procedures.
- Assist in carrying out financial planning using projection models and other financial tools and disseminate the information co various stakeholders within and without the organization.
- Monitor performance against financial plans and provide relevant and timely information to the Board, Senior Management peers, Departments, branches and other stakeholders,
- Provide accurate and timely periodic financial reports and other reports to the various stakeholders as per policy or on need basis; prepare reports for management directors, auditors, regulators, government agencies and departments including for tax compliance purposes.
- Coordinate with external auditors to ensure timely and expeditious facilitation external auditing requirements and statutory reporting of financial performance.
- Manage the preparation of financial proposals and related supporting documentation for donor funding, external financiers, commercial financing, regulatory and government authorities, external auditors, and financial consultants as needed.
- Implement policies and procedures to guide the management of the investment portfolios in the company,
- Ensure reliability and integrity of financial and operating information systems
- Budget preparation and consolidation of annual projections
- Manage balance between risk and return by maintaining a positive spread between the interest rates on earning assets and the interest cost of funds
- Manage all payments, and collection & company of revenue
- Manage all capital expenditure and procurement for the institution
- Oversee funding requirements and liquidity management of the institution
- Safeguard cash balances and oversee inter branch transfers
- Ensure proper custody of security, deeds and other important documents
- Ensure that the organization does not suffer financial loss through fraud and error by ensuring that assets are safeguarded and by closely maintaining and monitoring efficient and adequate internal control systems
- Supervise the running of the finance department to ensure adherence to the institution’s policies, procedures and regulations.
- Ensure compliance with laid down conditions and terms pertaining to loan agreements with external financiers.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting option) or Finance/Business Administration/Economics or related field.
- Training in microfinance or banking field will be an added advantage
- Must be a CPA (T) or ACCA final mode in related accounting, finance or audic field
- Thorough knowledge of financial services/Microfinance industry policies and regulatory requirements as relaces to MFI institutions.
- Have 3 -years relevant work experience preferably in a similar position in a financial environment.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates should send their applications to the undersigned by 5th December, 2019:
The Microfinance Consultant,
Makazi Bora Finance Limited,
P.O. Box 31451,
Dar Es Salaam.