4 Jobs at Public Service Recruitment Secretariat December 2019
THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT
On behalf of the Tanzania Fertilizer Company Limited (TFC), Geological Survey of Tanzania (GST) and The Institute of Accountancy Arusha (IAA), Public Service Recruitment Secretariat invites qualified Tanzanians to fill 4 vacant posts as
1.0 TANZANIA FERTILIZER COMPANY LIMITED (TFC) Tanzania Fertilizer Company Limited is a Fertilizer trading Company owned by
Government of United republic of Tanzania. It was established in 1968 through the
Companies Ordinance (cap 212) and given certificate of registration no. 4335. The
initial function of the Company which was a joint venture between the Government of
Tanzania through National Development Corporation (NDC) and M/S Kclocner –INA
of Germany, was to run the fertilizer production plant which was situated in Tanga.
Tanga production facility was closed down in 1991 on technical grounds and the
same year M/S Kclocner-INA surrendered all their shares to The Government of
1.1 GENERAL MANAGER 1.1.1 REPORTS TO: BOARD OF DIRECTORS. 1.1.2 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES i. The General Manager is the Chief Executive Officer of the Company;
- He/She is, therefore, responsible to the Board for the day – to- day management
of the affairs of the TFC, including Company assets and liabilities, formulation of
policy and programme proposals and implementation of the decisions of the
iii. Responsible for planning, organizing, controlling, coordinating and directing of all
- Initiates policies or changes thereof and presents them to the Board for approval;
- Develops and establishes major objectives and plans for Board approval;
- Develops sources of finance and recommends them to the Board for approval;
vii. Develops Marketing, Administrative and Purchasing plans, systems and
procedures for Board approval;
viii. Oversees implementation of Board decisions and government directives;
- Initiates and oversees implementation of all company development projects;
- Causes to be taken or takes minutes of all Board meetings;
- Authenticate the affixing of the Company Seal on documents;
xii. Responsible for the general security and welfare of the Company and its
xiii. Carries out such other reasonable functions as the Board of Directors and
Government of Tanzania may direct.
1.1.3 QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Master’s degree either in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or Public
At least five years post-graduation work experience at senior managerial level in a
1.1.4 OTHER ATTRIBUTES Demonstrated good management and administrative skills, and impeccable integrity;
Computer literacy is essential;
Good interpersonal skills.
1.1.5 TERMS OF CONTRACT Five years renewable contract.
1.1.6 REMUNERATION Attractive remuneration package in accordance with the institutions salary scale.
2.0 GEOLOGICAL SURVEY OF TANZANIA (GST) Geological Survey of Tanzania (GST) was established as a Government Executive
Agency in October 2005 under The Executive Agency Act No. 30, [CAP 245] of
1997, establishment order, 2005, Government notice No: 418 published on
In July 2017, the Government of Tanzania ammended the Mining Act of 2010
through the Written Laws (Miscellaneous Amendments) Act, No. 7 of 2017. Through
the ammendment, new functions were initiated on top of the other functions of GST
described by the Mining Act 2010.
2.1 TECHNICIAN II (CARTOGRAPHY) 2 POSTS 2.1.1 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES i. Supervising assistant Technicians to ensure proper cartographic work.
- Assisting Geologists in cartographic work.
iii. Preparing, servicing and calibrating cartographic equipment.
- Operating cartographic equipment and keeps proper records of the data.
- Performing any other official duties assigned by his immediate Supervisor.
2.1.2 QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE Form IV/VI certificate and Trade Test Grade I or Full Technicians Certificate (FTC),
Ordinary Diploma in GIS/Cartography or equivalent in the relevant field from a
2.1.3 REMUNERATION Attractive remuneration package in accordance with the institutions salary scale.
3.0 THE INSTITUTE OF ACCOUNTANCY ARUSHA (IAA) The Institute of Accountancy Arusha is a parastatal academic institution offering
undergraduate and postgraduate training courses. It is established by the Institute of
Accountancy Act No.1 of 1990 with its headquarters at Njiro Hill, Arusha City.
3.1 PERSONAL SECRETARY II – 1 POST 3.1.1 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES i. To receive and attend visitors;
- To attend telephone calls and take messages;
iii. To prepare and serve refreshments to officers as and when required;
- To type confidential correspondences/letters, manuscripts, reports and
- To draft simple letters, handle mail and take dictation;
- To make travel and hotel arrangements/bookings;
vii. To ensure availability of stationery and other working equipment for the relevant
3.1.2 QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE Form IV certificate and certificate of secretarial services from Public Service College
with pass of 80 w.p.m shorthand either in Kiswahili or English. Certificate in
computer applications e.g. MS-Windows, MS-Office, internet, and e-mail will be an
3.1.3 REMUNERATION Attractive remuneration package in accordance with the institutions salary scale.
GENERAL CONDITIONS i. All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania of not more than 45 years of age
except for those who are in Public Service;
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable
contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
iii. Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
- Birth certificate.
- Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted
- Form IV and form VI results slips;
- Testimonials and all Partial transcripts.
- Applicants employed in the Public Service should route their application
letters through their respective employers;
vii. Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason
should not apply;
viii. Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level
education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania
(NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
- Certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania
Commission for Universities (TCU);
- Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed/advised to indicate
on a designated place in the portal;
xii. A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English and
Addressed to Secretary, Presidents Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat,
8 Kivukoni Road, P.O. Box 63100, 11102 Dar es Salaam.
xiii. Deadline for application is 18th December, 2019
xiv. Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview; and
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal
NOTE: All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using
the following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/and not otherwise (This
address also can be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’)
PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT