Job Title: Interviewer (4 Job Opportunities)
Organization: Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC)
Project Name: USAID Malaria Action Program for Districts (MAPD)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) is a non-profit research organization. IDRC conducts research in infectious diseases including Malaria, HIV and Tuberculosis. Our studies have led to over 150 publications and have impacted on the management of infectious diseases in Uganda. IDRC currently manages over 41 grants with an annual budget of $11 million. IDRC was established in May 2008 by Ugandan health scientists from Makerere University College of health sciences, University of California, San Francisco and the Uganda Ministry of health.
About USAID MAPD Project:
The Malaria Action Program for Districts (MAPD) project is a 5-year USAID/PMI funded project. The project aims to prevent and control Malaria illnesses and deaths in order to minimise the social economic effects of the disease among the overall population of Uganda especially in children under 5 years of age. The project will be implemented starting in August 2016, and will cover 43 districts with a total population of more than 13 million. The Malaria Action Program for Districts project offers a partnership uniquely positioned to deliver this implementation rollout. Partners include Johns Hopkins Program for International Education in Gynecology and Obstetrics (JHPIEGO), Banyan Global, Deloitte &Touché Uganda, Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) and Communication for Development Foundation-Uganda (CDFU).
Job Summary: The Interviewer will support the Malaria Action Plan for Districts (MAPD) project in Mubende, Tororo and Apac districts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect data on net durability from the different survey areas
- Communicate to the coordinator any problems encountered in the field and follow his/her instructions.
- Obtaining consent from all potential study subjects
- Locating the selected households for the household survey, following the household listing operation.
- Locating the target respondent (mother/primary caregiver) in order to fully complete each questionnaire.
- Attend study and staff meetings
- Execute existing work plans in accordance with the protocols to ensure timely delivery of study operations.
Key Result Areas:
- Households correctly identified and household survey correctly implemented
- Participants correctly consented
- Accurate and timely entry of all data and resolution of data queries;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the USAID MAPD Interviewer job should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Humanities or related field or a diploma in a health related field from a recognized Institution.
- Three years of work experience in a similar setting and or performing similar activity
- Good communication, interpersonal skills and networking skills
- Integrity and ability to develop a productive working relationship with community members.
- Ability to operate in a fast and diverse environment
- Good computer skills
- Ability to ride a motorbike with good riding skills and a valid riding license.
How to Apply:
All candidates should deliver their typed letters of application together with current CV and copies of academic certificates to:
The Human Resource Manager
Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC),
P. O Box 7475, Kampala, 2C Nakasero Hill Road
IDRC Tororo Office at the Tororo District Hospital
IDRC Mbarara Office Opposite Lake View Hotel
IDRC Mbale Office on Plot 35 Masaba Road
IDRC Busia Office at Masafu General Hospital
IDRC Fort portal Office Kagote Division, Kabafumu Road
IDRC Jinja Bugembe Office next to Uganda Prisons.
Applications can be submitted to HR@idrc-uganda.org.
All applications must be accompanied by the following at the time of submission:
- Current CV (Use Word or PDF format only for email submissions; photos are not allowed).
- Typed letters of application (Use Word or PDF format only for email submissions; photos are not allowed)
- The contact details of three work related referees
- Copies of academic certificates (Use Word or PDF format only for email submissions; photos are not allowed):
- If you are applying by mail, PLEASE ENTER YOUR NAME & THE NAME OF THE JOB OPENING IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR E-MAIL.
Deadline: 26th March 2018 by 5:00pm