55 Volunteer Facility Based HIV Tester Vacancy at MDH
VACANCIES ANNOUNCEMENT FOR VOLUNTEERS
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others.
MDH in collaboration with Dar es Salaam City Council; Temeke, Kinondoni, Kigamboni and Ubungo Municipal Councils Together with Amana, Mwananyamala and Temeke Regional Referral Hospitals invites qualified candidates to apply for the following posts as Volunteers:
Job Title: Volunteer Facility Based Hiv Tester (55 Posts)
Location: Amana, Temeke and Mwananyamala RRHs, Dar es Salaam City Council, Kigamboni, Kinondoni, Temeke and Ubungo Municipal Councils Reports to: Facility In-charge
The HIV Tester supports the facility In-charge to ensure efficient implementation and reporting of HIV testing services and ART linkage at the facility. She/He is responsible for the facility implementation and reporting of all HTS initiatives in her/his respective facility under the guidance of the facility PITC focal person and in collaboration with facility in-charge, CTC in charge and other relevant health facility staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creating awareness and education on the existence of HIV Testing Services (HTS) i.e. educating clients on all aspects of HIV diseases and treatment management as well as basic health lifestyles.
- Serving as liaison between clinicians/clinics, individuals screened and care centers.
- Providing counseling and testing while maintaining confidentiality and patient rights, provide psychosocial support and assist with referral and linkages.
- Assessing and document all referrals, make follow-up and report on referral outcomes.
- Monitor the quality (QA/QC) of test kits by control materials/samples from laboratory department.
- Ensuring safe storage of HTS related items and to request/prepare all the necessary consumables for HTS services.
- Compiling and submit HTS reports on weekly, monthly and quarterly to HTS coordinators.
- Keeping accurate HTS and referral/linkage records (logbooks, registers, reports).
- Working with team member to monitor quality improvement plans with regards to the established performance targets/indicators.
- Ensuring HIV testing is performed according to the National HIV Testing algorithm.
- Participating fully in National EQA program for HIV rapid test.
- Performing any other duties that may be required by the clinical team.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills
- At least a Diploma in Medicine, Nursing or other related health field.
- Must have a valid license of practice (Certificate for HIV testing is an added advantage).
- At least three (3) years’ experience in HIV/AIDS care and treatment services
- Ability to maintains confidentiality in all aspects
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate fluently in both English and Kiswahili.
HOW TO APPLY
INTERESTED CANDIDATES FOR ANY OF THE ABOVE POSITIONS SHOULD SUBMIT THEIR APPLICATION LETTERS, CVS AND COPIES OF THEIR CERTIFICATES TO MDH DAR ES SALAAM OFFICE.
APPLICATION DEADLINE – 22ND SEPTEMBER, 2023.
MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates.