TANESCO VACANCIES ANNOUNCEMENT- TEMPORARY EMPLOYMENT
On behalf of Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO); Public Service Recruitment Secretariat (PSRS) invites dynamic and suitably qualified Tanzanians to fill 574 vacant posts mentioned below.
1.0 TANZANIA ELECTRIC SUPPLY COMPANY(TANESCO)
Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited (TANESCO) is a Parastatal organization established by Memorandum and Articles of Association incorporated in 26th November 1931 which established Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited (the then Tanganyika Electric Supply Company Limited -TANESCO). The Company generates purchases, transmits, distributes and sells electricity to Tanzania Mainland and sells bulk power to the Zanzibar Electricity Corporation (ZECO), which in turn sells it to the
Public in islands of Unguja and Pemba. TANESCO owns most of the electricity generating, transmitting and distributing facilities in Tanzania Mainland with estimated population of 50 million.
1.0.1 ELECTRICAL TECHNICIAN (DISTRIBUTION) – 31 POSTS
1.0.2 WORKSTATION: MARA, SIMIYU, GEITA, KAGERA, MWANZA, KINONDONI NORTH & ILALA
1.0.3 SUPERVISED BY: ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
1.0.4 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To implement scheduled activities and work plans, construction and maintenance of distribution networks effectively and efficiently.
- To construct and maintain distribution lines network in accordance with the company procedures and standards to ensure access to electricity is maximized.
- To inspect customer’s installations to ensure standards set for safety and qualities of installations are met and security of supply is guaranteed.
- To assist supervisor/engineer in preparing short- & long-term plans construction/maintenance schedules for expansion of distribution network to increase the pace of electrification.
- To closely monitor load growth on secondary sub-station through periodic measurement to ensure that distribution lines and equipment’s are not overloaded.
- To conduct routine inspection of distribution lines and perform preventative and corrective maintenance to ensure continuity of supply to customers is maintained.
vii. To record periodic electrical testing, and recommends or initiates modification or replacement of equipment which fails to meet acceptable operating standards; and
viii. To ensure Safety of staff and equipment at all times and make sure that “Risk assessment” is conducted before carrying out any work as per standing TANESCO safety provisions.
1.0.5 QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Form IV or VI plus Ordinary Diploma in Electrical Engineering OR Full Technician
Certificate from recognized institution. Computer knowledge and skill is compulsory.
GIS Knowledge and a possession of driving license class C, C1, C2 and E will be an
1.0.6 ARTISAN – 186 POSTS
1.0.7 WORKSTATION: MARA, SIMIYU, GEITA, KAGERA, MWANZA, KINONDONI
NORTH, KINONDONI SOUTH, ILALA & PWANI
1.0.8 SUPERVISED BY: MAINS FOREMAN
1.0.9 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To be responsible for Construction, Maintenance and Emergency works in the
- To construct and maintain distribution lines network in accordance with the
company procedures and standards;
iii. To excavate holes for poles erection to ensure they excavated according to the
company standards and measurements;
- To String electrical conductors to distribution lines in a proper manner based on
Engineering Instructions and Safety Rules;
- To connect power to the customers timely and according to the Company
Standards so as to ensure customers’ safety to their lives and properties from
being endangered by power supplied;
- To observe safety regulations and working procedures to ensure accidents to
people ad equipment are avoided; and
vii. To attend both reported and unreported temporarily breakdowns immediately
without any delays so as to ensure customers have constant power supply.
1.0.10 QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Form IV or VI plus Trade Test Grade I or II or Certificate in Electrical installation level II or III from recognized institution. Possession of Computer Skills and A driving license class C, C1, C2 and E will be an added advantage.
1.0.11 MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN (GENERATION) – 10 POSTS
1.0.12 WORKSTATION: KINYEREZI II GAS PLANT, UBUNGO I GAS PLANT,
TEGETA GAS PLANT, KINYEREZI I EEXTENSION, AND SOMANGA.
1.0.13 SUPERVISED BY: MECHANICAL ENGINEER
1.0.14 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To execute all planned maintenance work and operation of the plant with objective of ensuring maximum efficiency of the plant and power availability in the grid; ii. To ensure machine manufacturers recommendations and safety regulations are
observed all the time; iii. To conduct thorough inspection of generating sets and their accessories and
report to maintenance Engineer for any defects and carry out remedies;
- To carry out visual inspection of equipment and instruments and to report any
faults and defects; v. To ensure company safety rules, standards and regulations are adhered to all the time and proper safe guards are established and maintained to protect the interest of the company in relation to the reliability of plants, the safety of personnel and security of the equipment; vi. To be responsible for performing preventive maintenance, Major maintenance,
adjustments and repairs on mechanical equipments; and vii. To be responsible for preparation of requirements of spare parts and
tools/equipment requirements for efficient station operations.
1.0.15 QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Form IV or VI plus Full Technician certificate or Ordinary Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. Computer knowledge and skill is compulsory. Possession of driving license class C, C1, C2 and E will be an added advantage.
1.0.16 ELECTRICAL TECHNICIAN (GENERATION)- 6 POSTS
1.0.17 WORKSTATION: KINYEREZI II GAS PLANT AND TEGETA GAS PLANT
1.0.18 SUPERVISED BY: ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
1.0.19 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To be responsible for operating, controlling, maintaining, testing, troubleshooting, installing and repairing electrical control systems and equipments in hydroelectric power generating operations; ii. To perform minor maintenance, adjustments and repairs on electrical equipments
including pumps etc; iii. To operate, control and monitor hydro-electric generating units and auxiliary
equipments; iv. To carry out visual inspection of equipment and instruments and to report any
faults and defects; v. To carry out load switching at power house and switchyard; vi. To check regularly the power systems according to the instructions by taking
hourly readings of instruments, gauges etc; vii. To restore the system in the shortest possible time during the system/plant fault
outages; and viii. To test and performs minor repairs on circuit breakers
1.0.20 QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Form IV or VI plus Full Technician Certificate or Diploma in Electrical Engineering from recognized institutions. Computer literacy is a must.
1.0.21 LABORATORY TECHNICIAN – 1POST
1.0.22 WORKSTATION: KINYEREZI II GAS PLANT
1.0.23 SUPERVISED BY: TECHNICIAN – CHEMICAL AND PROCESSING
1.0.24 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To be responsible for efficient running of engine and the auxiliaries, to ensure maximum efficiency and optimum condition of operating, switching and maintenance; ii. To be responsible to test and evaluate hourly boiler feed water test and steam analysis tests and determine the proper water treatment required for efficient Heat recovery steam generator/boiler operation; iii. To be responsible to perform daily water analysis test at the water treatment
plant; iv. To be responsible to perform daily waste water analysis test at the waste water
treatment plant; v. To be responsible to perform daily closed-circuit cooling water (CCCW) analysis
test; vi. To produce daily reports as necessary and on a regular basis related to water
and steam quality to chemical and process engineer; vii. To ensure safe working conditions and compliance with TANESCO health and
safety policy; viii. To maintain best practice knowledge of water chemistry and water quality
assurance; and ix. To maintain a constant awareness of safe work practices.
1.0.25 QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Form IV or VI plus Ordinary Diploma in Industrial Laboratory Technology from any recognized Higher Learning Institutions. Minimum of one (1) year experience in the relevant field. Computer knowledge is compulsory.
1.0.26 ARTISAN – WELDER – 1 POST
1.0.27 WORKSTATION: KINYEREZI II GAS PLANT
1.0.28 SUPERVISED BY: MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN
1.0.29 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To be responsible for maintenance of plant machinery by attending all plant equipment, fabrication of parts and welding maintenance of a power generating facility so that to ensure smooth running of all plant machinery at the station; ii. To perform all welding works with help of forming and cutting equipment;
iii. To perform repair turbines and generators by applying appropriate welding
techniques; iv. To interpret blueprints, specifications, diagrams or schematics to determine
appropriate welding process; v. To Set and operate welding equipments, select appropriate materials, and preps works pieces in accordance with part geometrically, properties of material and scope of repair; vi. To identify all safety risks and requirements as well as comply with all applicable
quality, healthily, safety and environmental regulations; and vii. To inspect completed welds to determine structural soundness.
1.0.30 QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Form IV or VI plus Trade Test Grade I or II or Certificate level II or III in (Welding & Fabrication) from recognized Technical institution. Minimum of one (1) year experience in the relevant field is required.
1.0.31 REFRIGERATION ARTISAN – 1 POST
1.0.32 WORKSTATION: KINYEREZI II GAS PLANT
1.0.33 SUPERVISED BY: ELECTRICAL TECHNICIAN
1.0.34 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To be responsible for carrying out maintenance of air compressors instrumentation air driers refrigerators and air conditions to support power generation activities at the plant; ii. To supervise the subs contractor contracted for servicing plant air conditioning
equipment; iii. To execute properly preventive maintenance of all air condition equipment at the
plant in a planned time to ensure emergence breakdowns are avoided; iv. To perform all refrigeration and air conditioning duties at the Plant;
- To be responsible for carrying out installation and testing of new refrigeration
system in the power plant; vi. To identify all faults/defects of the air conditioning equipment and carry out
necessary repairs; vii. To ensure company safety rules, standards and regulations are adhered to all the time and proper safe guards are established and maintained to protect the interest of the company in relation to the reliability of pants, the safety of personnel and security of the equipment; and viii. To perform troubleshooting, preventive and predictive maintenance on chillers
keeps proper inventory of consumable materials.
1.0.35 QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Form IV or VI plus Trade Test Grade I or II or Certificate in refrigeration and air conditioning level II or III from VETA OR any other recognized technical institution. Computer literacy is added advantage.
1.0.36 ARTISAN PLUMBER – 2 POSTS
1.0.37 WORKSTATION: KINYEREZI II GAS PLANT
1.0.38 SUPERVISED BY: TECHNICIAN – MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN
1.0.39 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To be responsible for plant plumbing works and repairs for piping systems in electric generating equipment, plant buildings, water treatment plant, heat recovery steam generators (HRSG) and other balancing of plant (BOP) equipment; ii. To carry out routine plumbing related maintenance works for Plant’s equipment
and all office buildings; iii. To review building plans and specifications to determine the layout for plumbing
and related materials; iv. To carry out inspection works and submit defect and progress report to
Mechanical Technician for check up; v. To maintain a constant awareness of TANESCO’s health and safety policy. vi. Carry out new installation of plumbing system; and vii. To be responsible in repairing water treatment plant and waste water system at
1.0.40 QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Form IV or VI plus Trade Test Grade I or II or Certificate level II OR III in plumbing from recognized Technical Institution.
1.0.41 ARTISAN – SYSTEM OPERATOR – 3 POSTS
1.0.42 WORKSTATION: TEGETA GAS PLANT
1.0.43 SUPERVISED BY: MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN
1.0.44 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To maintain plant power house cleanliness at all times on daily basis and assist
in the repair and maintenance of plumbing works in the station; ii. To clean dusts to all auxiliary equipment, & other units in the power
house/workshop and around the plant; iii. To maintain and manage waste containers in good conditions as per instructions
given for overall waste management at the collecting Bay;
- To ensure that water and oil influents trenches in the power house are not
obstructed by any material, and that they are clean all the time; v. To maintain storm water trenches clean around the Power Plant; vi. To manage cleaning materials and keep in good order as company properties; vii. To remove dirt from oily water collection pit and drain water from trays at Oil
Pump Station, Gas pre-filtration units and Gas burners; viii. To assist plant attendants on duty to fill lube oil in case of oil change and oil top
up on Engine Generating sets oil sumps and pedestal bearings; ix. To do general cleaning of power plant surroundings; and
- To participate in all plant safety programs, and other basic training of Gas
1.0.45 QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Form IV or VI plus Trade Test Grade I or II ) or Certificate in level II or III (Mechanical) Certificate from VETA or any other recognized Technical Institution.
1.0.46 DRIVERS – 252 POSTS
1.0.47 WORKSTATION: TEGETA GAS PLANT, GEITA, KAGERA, MOROGORO,
KINONDONI NORTH, KINONDONI SOUTH, ILALA, DODOMA,
KINYEREZI II, NJOMBE, MBEYA, SONGWE, RUKWA, SHINYANGA
TABORA, KATAVI, KIGOMA, TEMEKE, DISTRIBUTION CONTROL CENTRE
(DCC), PWANI, ILALA, ARUSHA, KILIMANJARO, TANGA, MANYARA,
MARA, SIMIYU, AND MWANZA,
1.0.48 SUPERVISED BY: REGIONAL SUPPLIES AND TRANSPORT OFFICER
1.0.49 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To drive and maintain the Company Vehicles in skilled, safety and courteous
manner. Keeping Motor Vehicle records and incidences; ii. To drive and maintaining company vehicles as per laid down rules, traffic
instructions and regulations, to facilitate company’s business operations; iii. To drive vehicle on a schedule and designated route to ensure safety and timely
delivery of staff and materials; iv. To maintain service schedule of the assigned vehicle and keep it clean. Performs minor maintenance tasks on assigned vehicle(s) including pre-trip inspections as required; v. To maintain accurate, up-to-date records on log sheets, vehicle maintenance, accident reports, vehicle condition reports and other records that are requested by management; vi. To coordinate the schedule for major or periodic vehicle maintenance with
management to avoid service interruptions;
vii. To monitor, ascertain and timely repair of Company vehicle according to the
required standards; viii. To perform courier and messenger duties; and
- To ensure Safety of staff and equipment at all times and make sure that “Risk
assessment” is conducted per standing TANESCO safety provisions.
1.0.50 QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Form IV or VI) plus Professional Driving Certificate from National Institute of Transport (NIT) or VETA, Valid Driving License Class C/C1/C2/C3 or E and Minimum of two (2) years of related working experience in a reputable Organization. Trade Test in Automobile Engineering or Mechanics from recognized institution will be an added advantage.
1.0.51 STORES ASSISTANT – 7 POSTS
1.0.52 WORKSTATION: KURASINI CENTRAL STORE (DAR-ES-SALAAM), MARA,
SIMIYU, GEITA, KAGERA & MWANZA
1.0.53 SUPERVISED BY: STORES OFFICER
1.0.54 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To be responsible for procurement, receiving, issuing and recording/storage of
materials in the Regional store to ensure store balance is maintained at all time; ii. To receive materials from Suppliers to ensure there is conformity to specifications, quality and quantity correspond to given specification and storing the same in a safe place; iii. To post issue vouchers to ensure stock balance corresponds with
received/issued items at all times; iv. To update stores transactions in appropriate business systems to ensure correct
data management and control to facilitate business decisions; v. To carry-out Local Purchase Order to ensure that items purchased satisfy
business needs and the company achieves value of money; and vi. To adhere safety in the section to ensure safety to employees, customers and
1.0.55 QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Form IV or VI plus Ordinary Diploma either in Material and Logistic Management, Procurement or equivalent. He/she must be a registered Member of PSPTB or any relevant professional Body and possesses Certificate of Basic Computer Applications.
1.0.56 STORES ATTENDANTS – 4 POSTS
1.0.57 WORKSTATION: KURASINI CENTRAL STORE (DAR-ES-SALAAM)
1.0.58 SUPERVISED BY: STORES OFFICER
1.0.59 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To be responsible for proper arrangement of store items, loading and offloading
store items to ensure smooth operations of the store; ii. To ensure that stocks are well arranged, labelled for easy identification and
counting; iii. To pick right materials for issuing to customers according to approved Stores
issue voucher (SIV); iv. To assist in measure, counting and weighing of incoming and outgoing materials; v. To assist to ensure that stores documents are kept and controlled for internal and
external use; vi. To load and offloading materials and equipment; and vii. To enhance safety matters in the section to ensure safety to employees,
customers and equipment.
1.0.60 QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Form IV or VI plus Certificate either in Material and Logistic Management, Procurement and Supply or Logistic Management. He/she must be a registered Member of professional relevant professional Body.
1.0.61 CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVES (CALL AGENTS) – 65 POSTS
1.0.62 WORKSTATION: HEAD OFFICE (DAR-ES-SALAAM) MARA, SIMIYU,
KAGERA, GEITA MWANZA, &TEMEKE
1.0.63 SUPERVISED BY: PRINCIPAL CALL CENTRE/REGIONAL CUSTOMER
1.0.64 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To receive calls from customers and relay information to the recipient staff
clearly, timely and perfectly; ii. To register all customer complaints in the special register and TANESCO’S
Service Delivery Management System (SDM); iii. To properly record the time used to restore, repair, respond to customer
complaints or breakdowns; and iv. To handle complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the
time limits and follow up to ensure resolution.
1.0.65 QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Form IV or VI plus Diploma either in Marketing, Business Administration (majoring Marketing) or Public Relations from registered and recognized Institution. Computer knowledge is compulsory;
1.0.66 CUSTOMER SERVICE OFFICERS – 5 POST
1.0.67 WORKSTATION: MARA, SIMIYU, GEITA, MWANZA & KAGERA
1.0.68 SUPERVISED BY: REGIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE OFFICER
1.0.69 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To ensure consistent customer service is delivered to every customer and
support the implementation of customer service strategies; ii. To assist Principal Customer Service Officer/Regional Customer Relations
Officer in implementation of company business plan; iii. To build good relationship with customers in order to make customers satisfied. iv. Oversee the full spectrum of customer care by dealing quickly and efficiently with customers’ enquiries or complaints and escalate to respective channels when necessary to ensure customer satisfaction is delivered at all levels of the company; v. To assist in developing and implementing new system procedures or working
practices in order to improve customer service efficiency; vi. To liaise with Regional Customer Relations officers to ensure that the implementation of Customer Service Charter is exercised in the regions; and vii. To ensure all regional customer service issues are brought forward and handled within reasonable time in order to promote uniformity, efficient & effectiveness of TANESCO.
1.0.70 QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelors Degree or Advanced Diploma either in Business Administration, Marketing or Public Relations. Good knowledge in computer applications (Ms Word, Ms excel, Ms Access). He/she must be able to communicate well in English and Swahili both written and oral.
- All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania generally with an age not above 45
years; ii. These positions are conditional on a one-year term; iii. For those who are employed under 12-months employment terms within
TANESCO should not apply; iv. For those who are employed in the Public Service in permanent terms should not
apply; v. An applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should
not apply; vi. Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable
contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers; vii. Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement; viii. Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
- Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective Registration or Regulatory Bodies;
- Birth certificate; ix. Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted
- Form IV and form VI results slips;
- Testimonials and all Partial transcripts; x. Overqualified candidates are not expected to apply; xi. An applicants must upload recent Passport Size Photo in the Recruitment Portal; xii. An applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts; xiii. Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE); xiv. Certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania
Commission for Universities (TCU); xv. An applicant with special needs/case (disability) is supposed/advised to
indicate; xvi. A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English language and Addressed to Secretary, Presidents Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat, Utumishi House, 8 Kivukoni Road, 11102 Dar Es Salaam; xvii. Deadline for application is 10th August, 2020. xviii. Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview and;
xix. Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action;
NOTE: All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/and not otherwise(This address also can be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’).
SECRETARY PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT