Clinical Officers (58 POSITIONS)
Organizing and ensuring medical consultations to the target population providing treatment to patients within the scope of his/her medical competencies and referring them when appropriate, according to MSF MSF protocols, procedures and the universal hygiene standards in order to guarantee quality and efficiency of the service provided. Controls the rational distribution of medicine and attends to emergency cases in the health facility.
Minimum Qualification: Diploma
Experience Level: Mid level
Experience Length: 2 years
Reports to: Medical Officer or Deputy In Charge
- Ensuring the implementation and standardization of Medical Teams clinical policies, tools, and hygiene protocols in order to minimize clinical risks and to guarantee the quality of patient care management. Promoting and maintaining confidentiality regarding all patient cases and records.
- Implementing diagnosis, prescription and prevention procedures that fall under the scope of his/her competencies applying medical knowledge, asking appropriate questions to patients and following protocols in force as well as using laboratory services when necessary, in order to ensure a correct implementation of the medical treatments and to refer patients when appropriate.
- Participating in the planning and supervision, in close coordination with other supervisors, the HR processes (sizing, staff shifts, recruitment, training, evaluation, development and communication) of the team in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required, improve people triage capabilities, their motivation and commitment and their active participation in teaching the targeted population on therapeutic and preventive protocols.
- Ensuring that all staff using medical devices are qualified and trained. Ensuring cleaning and minor maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols. Reporting any malfunction to the project biomedical service.List item
- In cases of emergency, carrying out first aid care and treatment according to protocols in order to reduce mortality rates
- Recording in the individual patient’s card and registration books, all performed medical activities (drugs prescribed, lab results, vaccination status, epidemiological activity, doses, etc.) keeping data trace-ability in order to ensure patients treatment continuity.
- Participating in data collection and reporting when required
- Knowing and implementing Patient Therapeutic Education (PTE), i.e. keeping contact with all patients, providing them information regarding their health state and responding to their questions.
- Knowing and promoting the proper application of Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Kit and Sexually Gender Based Violence (SGBV) protocol.
- Keep the patient and family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow; verify understanding to ensure informed consent and adherence to treatment
- Participate in community mobilization and sensitization on curative and preventative health services
- Ensure general hygiene standards and universal precautions are followed at all times and implement and monitor actions to reduce bio-hazard risks and improve infection control
- Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care
- Ensure that medical decisions are made with the highest level of integrity and ethics according to professional and MTI Code of Conduct
- Ensure direct reports have clear objectives, receive mentor-ship and participate in capacity building opportunities
- Conduct performance evaluations and enforce disciplinary process as per MTI policy
- Ensure the Safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine & Community Health or equivalent is required
- Registration with Tanganyika Medical Council is required
- Valid practicing license is required
- 2 years of clinical medicine experience is required
- Experience working with international NGOs is an added advantage
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of primary health care, maternal and child health, reproductive health, HIV and AIDS and communicable diseases
- Knowledge of professional clinical medicine principles, procedures and techniques
- Knowledge of medicines, hygiene protocol and IPC measures
- Skilled in applying clinical medicine principles and procedures in the evaluation and treatment of patients
- Skilled in prescribing correct medication
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A good command of both written and spoken English
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient information and adhere to professional code of conduct
- Ability to treat all patients and staff with respect, without prejudice
- Ability to provide high quality, ethical, compassionate care that places the needs of the patient first
- Ability to maintain detailed records with high accuracy
- Ability to be flexible and manage stress
- Ability to support MTI Calling and adhere to the MTI Code of Conduct
- Documents to be attached with application
- CV/Resume (in English)
- Birth Certificate or National ID or Passport (Provide only one document)
- Academic Certificate
- Registration Certificate from Pharmacy Council of Tanzania
- Recommendation Letter from previous employer
- Copy of police report or letter of good character from local government
- Copy of Certificate of Service from previous employer
Interested applicants who meet the criteria should email their Application letter and CV ONLY saved as your name (Surname FirstName) in PDF or Word ONLY with subject as “CLINICAL OFFICER” , including 3 work related referees to firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicate your Salary expectation/ current or previous salary/Notice Period at the bottom of your CV
INDICATE CLEARLY IN THE SUBJECT LINE: CLINICAL OFFICER