Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is committed to promoting skills and development of its employees through on job training and career opportunities both on site and within AngloGold Ashanti. This facilitates knowledge transfer between employees which in a long run enables the company to have a dedicated talent pool for a variety of positions in its key functions.
Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Service Crews
Job Number: GGM-2019-NUG-01
Number of Positions: 07
Supervisor – Underground Mining
- A minimum of Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE)
- Valid Tanzanian Driving License and able to drive in Mining environment.
Experience: A minimum of 02 years in underground mining
Purpose of the Role: Required to carry out the installation, removal and repair of mine services, logistical work-related activities
Main or Key Accountabilities
- Extend ventilation services to areas where needed, which includes hanging ventilation bags and moving/installing secondary fans;
- Extend water and air services to areas where needed;
- Move and install pumps to areas where needed;
- Maintain and repair services and equipment such as vent bags, poly pipe and valves;
- Assist with all operations including offside operators as required
- Work closely with the Mining Supervisors to ensure service machines are delivered to the workshop and at the correct times.
- Take a pro-active approach to performance improvement by monitoring of machines statuses & determining improved methods for working for continuous improvement.
- Promptly report and communicate equipment breakdowns
- Assemble cable bolts, install and grout cable bolts.
- Be proactive in all aspects of operational safety and work as team member within the mining department.
- Any other duty assigned by the Underground Mining Specialist. Additional Requirements:
- Must have Good written and oral communication skills in English language and Swahili
- Previous experience with operating Underground or Open Pit equipment.
- Able to show initiative and co-ordination skills and be able to interact within all Mining Personnel and Maintenance sections.
- Be physically fit and be able to pass pre-employment and medical examinations.
- Be able to work at minimum supervision.
- Highly motivated and willing to attend work on call out duties when required.
- Good team worker
- Solid history of reliability and good work ethic;
- A proactive attitude toward safety and hazard identification
Mode of Application:
Application cover letter (Subject should be: Service Crew and/or quote the job number), detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees, to be forwarded to below address.
You will be required to bring original certificates if you are contacted for interviews. Contact Address:
Senior Manager Human Resources,
Geita Gold Mining Ltd,
Email: [email protected]
NB: Internal applicants may submit applications to departmental HR Officer.
All internal applications must be endorsed by the applicant’s head of department.
Application Deadline: Application letters should reach the above on or before 15th October 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.