District Data Officer 9 Positions
The USAID Boresha Afya Southern Zone is a five-year (1 October 2016 – 30 September 2021) PEPFAR supported program through USAID. Deloitte Consulting Limited implements the program in 42 councils in Iringa, Njombe, Morogoro, Lindi, Mtwara and Ruvuma with its technical partners Family Health International (FHI360), Engender Health and Management and Development for Health (MDH). The purpose of USAID Boresha Afya is to increase access to high quality, comprehensive, and integrated health services, in communities, we serve especially women and youth. USAID Boresha Afya is set to create a dynamic, integrated platform for delivery of health services that emphasizes intensified coordination and collaboration between the government, health facilities and communities, towards achieving HIV epidemic control while integrating FP, TB, MNCH, Malaria care and Nutrition through innovative integration approaches at all levels and opportunities.
The program has exciting opportunities for suitable and qualified individuals to join as per positions advertised below; The Candidates should be currently residing in the mentioned region.
Job Title: District Data Officer – 9 Positions
Reports to: District Aids Control Coordinator (DACC)
Location: Ruvuma Region
Salary: Based on Program Salary Scale
Terms of employment: Nine months (renewable upon funding and satisfactory performance)
District Data Officer is a key technical person in coordinating and supervising data collection and reporting system of all HIV and AIDS interventions supported by USAID Boresha Afya – Southern Zone in the respective district. S/he will play a central role in the implementation of data management and quality control activities and ensure timely production of program reports. S/he reports to the District Aids Control Coordinator, BUT will collaborate with the respective DHMIS FP, DTLC, DRCHCO, CBHS Focal Person and Malaria Focal person at District level, while at program’s level, will report to the M&E Officer assigned to that district.
Main Areas of Responsibilities
- Supervise, coordinate and provide technical support to the assigned health facilities’ Data Clerks on data collection, compilation and analysis;
- Ensure all project reports; daily, monthly, weekly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports are of high quality and are produced and submitted on time and entered into ProDMIS, DATIM, DHIS2 and IPRS;
- Collect and analyse PMTCT,C&T, CECAP, Gender, FP,TB,TB/HIV,HTS and CBHS data from sub grantees;
- Work in collaboration with R/CHMTs, HMIS unit and health facilities’ HCWs and CSOs to ensure smooth coordination of all monitoring and evaluation activities;
- Ensure availability of tools at the health facilities and respective CSOs within the assigned district/s;
- Ensure all Data Clerks under his/her portfolio collaborate with CBHS at community and health facility levels for tracking defaulters, producing list of Missed Appointment and LTFU and updating the database accordingly when patients return to care;
- Provide all the necessary support and assistance on data requests at health facilities/district(s) levels to USAID Boresha Afya – Southern Zone’s program staff;
- Ensure all Data Clerks conduct daily, weekly and monthly tracking of all HIV positive clients from all testing points at health facility level;
- Ensure there is proper documentation of the identified clients for easy tracking;
- Actively participate in all QI related activities and ensuring provision of accurate data on monitored indicators by the QI team within respective district(s);
- Work with M&E Officers to provide database support to all electronic sites by ensuring all databases within the district/s have the most current version at all times;
- Provide on job training to CHMT, HCWs, CSOs and data clerks on data entry and report generation including analysis as the need arises;
- Plan and carry out data quality audits in collaboration with the program’s M&E & Technical team;
- Ensure all the electronic facilities have entered data into ProDMIS on daily/weekly/monthly/ Quarterly basis as per indicator requirement;
- Track Daily performance of Data Clerks by ensuring their daily reports are submitted weekly to M&E team;
- Develop data input controls, range and logic checks, and other data management processes based on input from other team members;
- Train data clerks to develop and implement ad-hoc queries; and provide them with technical assistance in running data cleaning activities;
- Performing any other related duties as assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
- Minimum requirements for the position (e.g. academic and professional qualifications, length of experience etc.)
- Degree in Statistics, Health Informatics, Monitoring and Evaluation or any related field;
- In lieu of a degree, a diploma in relevant field with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience shall be considered;
- Ability to use any statistical analysis software (i.e. STATA, SPSS etc.);
- Proven computer skills and strong knowledge of MS Office applications especially Excel
- Working experience in data management/ Monitoring and Evaluation;
- Good experience on use of HMIS tools, CTC2 database and DHIS2;
All applicants must submit a cover letter indicating facility/district of preference, an up to date Curriculum Vitae (CV) with reliable contact information and should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contact information;
Applicants must attach relevant copies of Academic, birth certificates and transcripts and must present original copies of certificates upon being shortlisted at the time of interview;
Form IV and Form VI results slips, testimonials and all partial transcripts are strictly not accepted;
All certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary level education, Advanced level education and Universities should be verified by NECTA, NACTE and TCU respectively;
All applications must be physically submitted and addressed;
Deadline for receiving all applications is Tuesday 10th December 2019.