Position: Accountant (Ref: KHSZ/AA/03-22)
Deloitte Tanzania has been awarded a contract to implement a Kizazi Hodari – Sothern Zone project in Tanzania. This is a five years’ project (March 2022 to February 2027) funded by the American People through USAID aiming at supporting the Government of Tanzania’s (GOT) Ministry of Health to achieve
HIV epidemic control by improving the health, well-being, and protection of Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) and youth in high HIV burden communities within the Southern Zones of Tanzania specifically Iringa, Njombe and Ruvuma regions. The program intends to increase access to and use of health/HIV, social, and protection services among OVC and youth in order to contribute to 95-95-95 goals: 95% of persons living with HIV (PLHIV) know their HIV status; 95% of PLHIV who know their status are on treatment; and 95% of PLHIV on treatment are virally suppressed, by 2030.
Deloitte is therefore seeking for experienced, self-motivated, a highly competent individual with exemplary ethical conduct to join Kizazi Hodari – Southern Zone program as an Accountant based in Iringa / Njombe or Ruvuma regions.
Summarise, record, reconcile all accounting and finance matters of the program. Resolve day-to-day accounting issues that program staff face.
- Record suppliers’ accounts and prepare for their payments (cheques/banks transfers)
- Reconcile vendors’ payments to ensure all payments are made on time
- Prepare weekly reports showing the status of vendor payments
- Process safari advances for the staff who are assigned to do field work
- Process and record in the system all retirements along with advances taken so that all advances are used exclusively on program activities
- Prepare the local purchase order (LPO) for the program’s purchases and pass them through the line of approval
- Prepare the summary for Value Added Tax (VAT) refund filing on a monthly basis
- Process mobile payments for sub grantees
- Process Vendor payments on a monthly basis
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation and ensure it is duly signed
- Ensure all payments documents are properly filed and marked paid and posted.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field with CPA(T) or ACCA
- Three years’ experience in donor related projects
- Understanding of USG reporting guidelines
- Attention to details
- Ability to handle high volumes of work
If you believe you are the right candidate for the job, submit a cover letter including your current and expected remuneration, detailed CV, copies of your academic certificates and transcripts, and three referees to KizaziHodari-SouthernZone@deloitte.co.tz For your application to be considered, it
MUST quote the job title, reference number and your preferred region on the email subject line. Submission deadline is 15th April 2022 at 4:30 p.m.
Hard copy applications will NOT be accepted. This position is on a one-year renewable contract, subject to performance and availability of funding from the donor. The job offer is conditional to successful vetting, including professional reference checks and limited lifestyle audit.