Enabel is the Belgian development agency. It implements Belgium’s governmental cooperation. The agency also implements actions for other national and international donors. With its partners in Belgium and abroad Enabel offers solutions addressing pressing global challenges: Climate Change, Urbanisation, Human Mobility, Peace and Security, Economic and Social Inequality, and Global Citizenship. With 1,500 staff, Enabel manages about 150 projects in twenty countries, in Belgium, Africa and the Middle East.
Enabel is operating in Tanzania as a public limited company under public law with a social purpose in accordance with article 7 (iii) of the General Agreement between The United Republic of Tanzania and The Kingdom of Belgium on Development Co-operation signed on 16th of October 2002, and the introduction Letter from the Embassy of Kingdom of Belgium 2018/023 signed on 25th January 2018 on the transformation from BTC into Enabel.
The project on beekeeping, funded by the European Union, has a duration of 4 years with an inception phase of 6 months.
The project is taking place under the 11th EDF National Indicative Programme for Tanzania (2014-2020) in which Sustainable Agriculture is a focal sector with the specific objective to “enhance management of natural resources, including forests, and ecosystem services for sustainable agriculture development and climate change adaptation”. The European Union Action Document for Beekeeping Value Chain Support contributes to that objective and also to the Planet and Prosperity pillars.
For the launching of our new project on beekeeping, Enabel is searching for an accountant to be based in Tabora Region.
- Your tasks and responsibilities as an accountant:
- You ensure the processing of accounting data and documents in order to provide qualitative accounting.
- You ensure the preparation of treasury operations in order to ensure suppliers/beneficiaries/etc. are paid correctly and in due time.
- You ensure the preparation of files for control purposes in
- order to allow a transfer by one’s hierarchical supervisor to the controllers/auditors.
- You control the supporting documents regarding grants in order to allow for an appropriate control of the grants.
- You provide financial data in order to allow reliable financial reporting and analysis
- The Accountant reports to the financial controller Your profile
Required qualifications and experience
- Tanzanian national
- Bachelor in accounting and/or financial management
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar function
- Experience in an NGO / bilateral agency is an asset
Required skills and knowledge
Good knowledge of various accounting software;
Good Knowledge of double-entry bookkeeping (accrual accounting);
Good knowledge of computer software (MS Word, Excel);
A Good Team Player
You are fluent in spoken and written Swahili. Considering the international environment in which you work, excellent knowledge of English is required.
Applicants are also required to commit to the vision, mission and values of Enabel (https://www.enabel.be/content/enabel-vision- mission-values).
A fascinating job in an international environment.
A contract of 36 months with 6 months’ probation period . You are based in Tabora Region. Occasional missions to the region Katavi,Singida,Shinyanga and Pemba Islands where we implement projects are possible.
A salary package that comprises the monthly gross salary, in accordance with our salary scales (Class 4), hospitalization/ healthcare insurance, 13th month, double holiday allowance and reallocation allowance.
Every person who fulfils the conditions listed in our job advertisements may apply. Enabel is committed to equal opportunities and diversity in its workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability status or any other factor
Following this recruitment procedure a shortlist of successful applicants may be constituted which may be sourced in the next three years for similar job openings.
Are you interested?
We thank you in advance for your interest in our company.
Only applications submitted via the above link will be considered.