Health for a Prosperous Nation (H-PON) is a Local Nongovernmental organization with a vision of a healthy Tanzanian population. The H-PON works to contribute towards the Government efforts via its development agenda of having a healthy Tanzanian population which engages effectively in development efforts and hence reduce poverty and generating a prosperous Nation. The organization Core areas include; Research, Health system Strengthening and Implementation of innovative evidence-based approaches which have the potential of making difference in lives of the people at grass root level. Health for a Prosperous Nation is looking for a suitable qualified Accountant to work at its HQ offices located in Dar es salaam.
Job Title: Accountant
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting 6.2 ACCA level I or CPA (Added advantage) 6.3 Knowledge in an accounting packages e.g., QuickBooks, Tally, Sage and ready to learn new packages introduced by H-PON. 6.4 2-year work experience in related field
- Fluent in speaking Swahili & English
- Good Swahili & English writing skills 6.7 Good report writing skills
Roles and responsibilities
- Maintain projects financial management records; (Timely and correct invoicing of HPON Partner’s).
- Review H-PON Accounting Manual and advice accordingly on changes or improvement needed that fits H-PON operations.
- Execute H-PON Accounting Manual.
- Identify and capture all accounting and financial transactions correctly and accurately.
- Prepare transaction source documents.#
- Analyze and classify transactions.
- Record transactions by making entries to appropriate accounts.
- Prepare, extract and review trial balance.
- Ensure it is always in balance.
- Prepare adjusting entries to record accrued and deferred amounts.
- Post these entries to general ledgers
- Prepare financial statements; income statements, balance sheet, cash flow statement, statement of retained earnings.
- File transaction source documents in a chronological and orderly manner for ease of reference or verification against reported figures.
- Ensure timely and consistent implementation of audit recommendations.
- Safeguard and strengthen controls over financial documents and resources to prevent erroneous misrepresentation, misappropriation or forgeries.
- Accurately compute PAYE from staffs’ monthly remuneration, Local Service Tax from staff’s remuneration and NSSF staff and employer contributions.
- Ensure timely remittance of PAYE to TRA & Local Service Taxes to relevant authorities, WCF, NHIF and NSSF contribution
- Generate timely income reports for managements’ review and decision making.
- Reconcile reported income with expenditures receipts to ensure accuracy
- Process payment vouchers and ensure their proper approval.
- Prepare monthly payroll accurately and on a timely basis
- Ensure proper authorization of payroll.
- Develop and deliver invoices for payments.
- Properly record working advances availed to staff and ensure timely accountability for advances taken
- Ensure the requisition of items are raised through a formal and documented process and properly approved.
- Work together with Finance Manager to prepare budgets of activities as they arise or as directed by Executive Secretary.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Executive Secretary.
Job application procedure
Soft copy of the following should be sent to [email protected] not later than Thursday 22nd July, 2021: 16:00hrs.
- Cover letter addressed to HR Manager (P.O.BOX 13560, Dar es salaam).
- Current CV
- Scanned copy of Bachelor’s Degree Certificate
- Other relevant field certificate
- Combine all the above documents to be in one pdf document
- Applicants submitting more than one combined file will not be considered.