Accountant Medical Teams International
Reports to (position): Snr Finance Officer
Location(s): Medical Teams Kasulu
Workdays & Number of scheduled hours per week:
Monday-Friday, 40-45 hours/week, occasional weekends and public holidays Full Time or Part-Time Full Time Position Type: Regular Employee Travel: Possible travel to field locations
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
Responsible for supporting all MTI TZ Country programs by providing technical support to the Finance Team and Management in the implementation of financial activities and policies. Collaborates in the preparation and presentation of country-level financial statements to donors and MTI HQ.
- To process duly approved disbursements of both cash and banking in adherence to policy and procedures.
- To ensure that all payment requisitions are complete with all the necessary support documentation such as Pro-forma invoices/bids, local purchase order, selection minutes, delivery notes, tax invoices, etc. before making payment. Also, ensuring that all payments are properly coded and cancelled by PAID stamp.
- To record and post all approved financial transactions into the accounting system (ERP Unit4).
- Oversee the monthly and yearly closing of accounts and balance sheet, to verify the evolution of project finances; flag any issues of concern to the direct supervisor for further strategic discussions
- Support in preparing reports for all donor projects and submit to Finance for review.
- Record, analyse and reconcile all payables and commitments by MTI and donor requirements.
- Review of payroll transactions, allocation, and reconciliation with staffing list every month.
- Participate in the budget development process for the program and assist in the preparation of monthly and quarterly expenditure reports.
- Perform and process bank reconciliation through Unit4
- Provide information upon request for audit and donor desk review processes
- Accountable for the appropriate use of resources in accordance with budget holder authority and MTI’s cost principles
- Ensure capacity development of Assistant Accountants to improve performance
- Support safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult Protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, and Business Administration is required; a Master’s Degree is an added advantage
- Professional certifications (i.e., CPA, ACCA, and CIMA) that are acknowledged by the National Board of Accountants and Auditors of Tanzania (NBAA) are a must,
- Minimum 4 years of work experience in finance management is required
- Experience working with INGOs, working with UNHCR & BPRM funded projects is an added advantage
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- In-depth knowledge of International Public-Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and relevant donor requirements
- In-depth knowledge of preparation and presentation of financial statements and audit practices
- In-depth knowledge of ERP systems and computerized accounting software such as Sage, Unit4, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of Tanzania Tax regulations and applying the efilling TRA System.
- Skilled in using an ERP system to process financial transactions
- A high degree of analytical and financial reporting skills
- Strong administrative skills in managing documentation and project funding information
- Skilled in training and capacity building
- Good command of both written and spoken English, with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to respond to tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Ability to maintain detailed records with high accuracy
- Highly organized with good quantitative ability
- Ability to act with integrity and maintain the highest ethical standards
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of highly sensitive information
- Ability to support MTI Calling and adhere to the MTI Code of Conduct
This position requires occasional travel to health facilities located in remote areas with very basic living conditions.
NOTE: The above job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the staff assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of staff in this position. Duties, responsibilities and skills are also subject to change based on the changing needs of the job, department or organization. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by Medical Teams International as the requirements of the job change.
All interested applicants who meet the criteria should email their application letter and CV in either PDF or Word only, including three work related referee to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicate your expected salary, current/previous salary, and notice period at the bottom of your CV.
Indicate clearly the position applied for in the subject line” Accountant”.
Application Deadline: 5th of May 2022 at 1700HRS.