TAZAMA SAVING AND CREDITS COOPERATIVE SOCIETY
TAZAMA SACCOS is a financial institution conducting saving and Credit Cooperative Society activities and registered under the Co-operative Societies Act No 6 of 2013 and is licensed under the Microfinance Act No 18 of 2018. The Saccos is located at TAZAMA-Regional Office (Kigamboni) in Dar es Salaam. The main objective of the Society is to mobilize savings, provide loans facilities to its members in accordance to loan policy and other value-added services such as developing savings tradition, financial management and encouraging investment behavior aimed at improving the social and economic wellbeing of its members.
TAZAMA SACCOS is seeking to recruit competent qualified Tanzania citizens to fill the following vacancies:
Reports to: SACCOS MANAGER
General Responsibility: Responsible in safeguarding assets of the Saccos and ensure appropriate accounting procedures and proper records.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervise the proper maintenance of Saccos’ books of accounts and subsidiary ledgers including staff advances.
- To prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports and provide income and expenditure reports both for internal and external use.
- To prepare annual budgets and financial projection of the society.
- To maintaining members control accounts, manage timely submission of deductions to HR and ensure payroll recoveries from salaries are paid to the Saccos fund on monthly basis.
- To provide accurate, correct and updated information to members regarding their contributions and loans balances any time required.
- Approve payments through electronic fund transfer (EFT) and TISS in accordance to level of approvals and ensure adherence to all financial policies and procedures.
- Advise Saccos management in making proper investment decisions.
- Ensure statutory deductions such as TRA, NSSF, WCF, Insurance etc has been properly prepared and dispatch to the respective institutions by the due dates.
- Facilitate Audit exercises and follow up on Audit and Investigation recommendations.
- Carries out any other duties as may be assigned by Manager or Board
- Holder of Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Diploma in Accountancy or related field from recognized institution.
- Must be holder of CPA(Tj or ACCA professional qualifications and must be registered by NBAA.
- At least three years working experiences as an Accountant in reputable institution, working in Micro finance institution will be an added advantage.
- Good communication skills (Fluent in English and Kiswahili both oral and Written) and a keen attention to details.
- Computer literacy on Microsoft products such as Advanced Excel, Ms Word, Ms Access, Power point & Internet experience.
- Ability to use Accounting software.
- Age 25-45 years.
Terms of Employment:
The incumbents will be offered employment opportunities upon completion of a probation period of Six (6) months and a dean vetting process result.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates
Duty Station: Dar-Es-Salaam
Mode of application:
Application in own handwriting with detailed CV including Photocopies of relevant academic certificates should be submitted to the undersigned before 19 February, 2021.
P.O. BOX 2157,
DAR ES SALAAM.
The deadline for submitting the application is 19 February, 2021