Accountant Job opportunity at Tanzania Development and AIDS Association (TADEPA)
TADEPA Job Announcement
Position: Accountant (required 1posts)
Tanzania Development and AIDS Association (TADEPA)
P.O. BOX 1603
Information about TADEPA
Tanzania Development and AIDS Prevention Association (TADEPA) is a Tanzanian Non- governmental organization (NGO) currently offices in Kagera, Geita, Shinyanga and Dodoma regions. Was formed and registered in 1997 and acquired mandated to work in all regions of Tanzania mainland. The main purpose of TADEPA is to promote development in totality through and fight against public problems HIV/AIDS and its integrated effects.
TADEPA’s Vision: Healthy, Wealthy and Just Community
TADEPA’s Mission is committed to empower the community to improve their livelihood through active participation in protection of human rights, conservation of environment and promotion of societal socio-economic stance.
Job purpose summary
- To maintain TADEPA’s financial administration and management at high standards in order to enable the organization to attain its mission, goals and objective with great emphasis on proper accountability.
- To be responsible for the effective application of accounting policies and practices and enforcement of financial reporting systems and internal financial control procedures across organization and KizaziKipyaprogramme.
Roles and Responbilities
Among other the following the following are duties and responsibilities of Accountant
- Working with a team in financial management/accounts section to record daily financial transactions ofTADEPA:
- Facilitate Budget and planning, Budget follow up as per cost allocation, Liquidation, financial reporting Risk and fraud internal control and detection for appropriate
- To maintain and update and reliable cash and bank books, floats register, bank reconciliation and monthly cash counts.
- Preparation of monthly accounts, ledger, payroll and reconciliationstatements.
- Producing monthly financial reports and submitting other reports as requested for aspects of the program.
- Monitoring and supervising finance and Procurement office to adhere with procedures and regulations in all financial matters.
- Foreseen budget allocation, budget reviews (budget monitoring/ follow up) and advising Programme Team accordingly.
- Payment of Statutory deduction(NSSF,PAYE)andremit timely and appropriately to responsible Authorities
- Preparation of financial reports as per Donors Requirements and Auditing purposes
- To maintain a data base of all records related to financial matters of the project
- Any duties assigned by supervisor
Required Qualification `
- Bachelor Degree/ Advanced/ Post Graduate Diploma in accountancy, Finance or BusinessAdministration
- NBAA registered, Final Stage CPA candidate or CPA holder will be added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ experience working in the finance and accounting area
- Experience working with local NGO
- Working experience in posting of financial data in accounting software.
- Prior experience in working with USAID funded organizations and managing a functional level in a busy environment.
- Audit Experience is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in standard office computer applications, PARTICULARLY EXCEL.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluency in English and Swahili.
How to submit your application
Interested Applicants who feel that meet requirements as stated in each post, please apply send / submit your cover letter, CV and copies of certificates before 15th April 2020 to the following address.
TADEPA Executive Director