Location: Arusha & Moshi
Responsible for supporting Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Reconciliations and Administrative roles.
Maternity Africa is a local nonprofit organization in Tanzania, devoted to helping make child birth safe and treating obstetrical fistulas. We support local communities, provide information to keep mothers and babies healthy, as well as excellent medical care and training to ensure safer deliveries.
We are looking to hire an Accounts and Administration Assistant who will be responsible for supporting Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Reconciliations and Administrative roles. If this sounds like the right place and position for you, we’d love to hear from you!
Duties and Responsibilities
· Prepare bank reconciliation weekly
· Prepare authorised cash payments
· Prepare authorised cheque payments and Tiss payments
· Reconcile petty cash daily
· Maintain digital and physical financial records, including filing
· Facilitate the cash withdrawals, cash or cheques deposits or any other banking activity.
· Supervising store keeper and ensuring that the store ledger are well recorded and stock balance matches with the physical existence.
· Assist in annual audit
· Assist in budget preparation
· Assist in preparing reports for donors
· Prepare receipts for income received
· Assist in the maintenance of the fixed asset register
· Assist in the maintenance and reconciliation of the inventory system
· Assist in end of month or periodical stock taking.
· Assist in the preparation and lodging of required statutory documentation
· Supervision of the grounds keeper and the fleet team to ensure well-kept hospital environment and adherence to Maternity Africa’s Fleet Management Policy.
· Assist the Procurement Officer in the procurement process.
· Follow up on weekly stores report.
· Perform any other duties as directed by the supervisor
Qualifications and Requirements
· A minimum of a Diploma in Accounts.
· A Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a large professional organisation processing high-volume, end-to-end accounts
· High-level proficiency in payroll systems, Microsoft applications and Excellent Excel Skills
· Strong understanding of relevant Tanzania Accounting and Taxation legislation and superannuation
· Possess high levels of integrity and accountability.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are kindly requested to send their cover letter (Max of a Page), Curriculum Vitae (Max of 4 pages), Academic Qualifications and Professional Certificates. Application should be sent to email@example.com by 07th September, 2020. If you do not hear from us within a month from the closing date, please consider your applications unsuccessful.