THE UNITED AFRICAN UNIVERSITY OF TANZANIA (UAUT) is a private Higher Learning Institution founded by the Registered Trustees of Korea Church Mission (KCM),with the objective of alleviating poverty and promoting growth through raising Tanzanian Christian leaders who are equipped with excellence in wisdom, knowledge and Christian virtues.The responsibility of the day to day running of UAUT is vested upon the University Council with the Vice Chancellor as the main link between the Board ofTrustees and University Council.
UAUT obtained The Certificate of Full Registration (CFR) from Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) since 2012.
Vision: We aim, in God’s direction, to equip students with Integrity and Excellence.
Mission: Pursuing God’s Wisdom, Serving Communities and Cultivating Global Minds.
VACANT POSITION in Accounting & Finance Department
ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT (1 POSITION)
Holders Bachelor degree majoring in Accounting/Finance
At least I year of work experience after attaining bachelor degree/three months’ internship.
Duties and responsibilities
- Reporting to the Finance manager
- Preparing financial documents such as invoices, bills, accounts payable and receivable, Completing purchase orders, and Managing payroll
- Completing financial reports on a regular basis and providing information to the finance team including preparation of bank reconciliations
- Entering financial information into appropriate software programs
- Managing university ledgers and processing university expenses
- Coordinating internal, external audits and Resolving errors in financial reports and correcting faulty reporting methods
- Verifying balances in account books and rectifying discrepancies
- Verifying bank deposits and managing day-to-day transactions
- Recording office expenditures and ensuring these expenses are within the set budget and Handling accruals and prepayments
- Assisting the finance department and senior accounting staff members with various tasks, including preparing budgets, records, and statements
- Sorting financial documents and posting them to the proper accounts
- Reviewing computer reports for accuracy and meticulously tracing errors back to their source
- Performing any duty as may be assigned by the line manager.
Remuneration: Negotiable as per UAUT Terms and Conditions
How to apply:
Deadline 15th August 2020