The European Union Delegation to Tanzania is looking for an Accounts clerk. We offer a full time (37.5 hour’s week) post of Accounts Clerk with Six months probationary period. Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as an Accounts clerk. The deadline for applications is: 22 November 2019.
Vacancy: Accounts clerk (Re-advertised)
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 28 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to Tanzania in the partnership with Tanzania and the East African Community:
- Shares the values and interests of the European Union;
- Promotes fundamental rights, good governance and accountable democracy;
- Supports Tanzania’s development agenda and sustainable development goals for a better life for all;
- Stimulates inclusive growth, private sector and job creation;
- Fosters regional peace and stability, economic integration and trade development.
We offer a full time (37.5 hour’s week) post of Accounts Clerk with Six months probationary period. Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as an Accounts clerk.
The post is allocated in salary Group III which has a minimum gross salary of 2,597,285 TZS per month.
We offer other entitlements as per European Union Human Resources procedures applicable to locally recruited staff. The definitive salary will be determined based on the professional experience of the successful candidate. We offer competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
Reporting to the Head of Administration, the Account Clerk covers the following duties:
- Accounts payments including salary calculations.
- Preparation of the monthly accounts using the ABD+ and ABAC system.
- Preparation of requests for budget increases.
- Mid-year review of annual budget requirements.
- Preparation of specific financial reports when required.
- Act as a back-up for protocol & logistics.
- Verify invoices submitted by suppliers of goods, services and works.
- Implementation of financial regulations related to payments.
- ABAC Invoice, ABAC Workflow, ABAC Assets, Third Party database.
- Back-up for second Assistant Accountant.
- Back-up for Human Resources.
- Filing related to tasks.
- General assistance to Head of Administration when required.
|Qualifications||Education degree in accounting|
|Professional experience||At least 3 years’ experience as an accountant
|Knowledge of languages||Fluent in written and spoken English as well as KiSwahili||Knowledge of French will be an advantage|
|Knowledge of IT tools||Microsoft Office Suite|
How to apply
Please send your application and supporting documents to DELEGATION-TANZANIA-HR-RECRUITMENT@eeas.europa.eu(link sends e-mail). The package should include a cover letter and detailed CV.
After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for the post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting documents. The short-listed candidates will be invited to an assessment phase which may include an interview if necessary – during this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually; however, the Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this Vacancy Notice to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
The deadline for applications is: 22 November 2019