Tanzania Cotton Board (TCB) is a regulatory body established under the Cotton Industry Act No. 2 of 2001 whose functions are provision of regulatory, development and promotion services to the cotton industry in Tanzania. The Board is looking for qualified, young and dynamic Tanzanian to fill in the following vacant position under contractual basis.
ACCOUNTS OFFICER II (1 Post)
Duties and Responsibilities:
Accountant will be assigned duties in the Accounts Department whereby will facilitate payments of cash/cheques to employees/suppliers, record transactions in the accounting system, prepare financial statements and maintaining updated books of accounts of the Board.
Qualifications and Experience Required
Holder of Bachelor Degree or Advanced Diploma in one of the following fields: Accounting, Finance, Commerce or Business Administration majoring in Accountancy or Finance, or equivalent qualifications from recognised institutions.
- The candidate must have good communication skills
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili
- Must be computer literate
- Self-motivated individual
- Team Player
Attractive remuneration will be paid to the right candidate as per TCB scales.
- Applicants must attach an up to date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact postal address, email address and telephone number(s).
- Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of Academic certificates as follows:
- First Degree certificates
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates
- Birth Certificate
- Form IV and Form VI result slips are strictly not accepted. Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the CV will necessitate legal action.
- Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts in their CV.
- Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) or National Accreditation Council for Technical Education (NACTE) for foreign non degree certificates.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted for further processes
Mode of Application
Application letters should be posted, e-mailed or hand delivered to the following address:
TANZANIA COTTON BOARD
P.O. BOX 61
E-mail: [email protected]
Closing date will be 11th February, 2022