Sickle Cell Programme is a research programme in the Department of Haematology and Blood Transfusion at Muhimbili University of Health & Allied Sciences (MUHAS) in Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania. The programme conducts biomedical research, support health care, advocacy and training. The Sickle Cell Programme has an employment opportunity for highly motivated and results-driven individual.
Admin and Finance Officer (1 POST) – DAR ES SALAAM
Sickle Cell programme is looking for a qualified Individual to fill the post of Admin and Finance Officer for a period of
ONE year. The Admin and Finance officer will report to Programme Manager.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Arrange logistics for meetings including keeping meetings calendars, sending reminders to members as well as
minutes/ resolutions taking and distribution.
2. Support in organizing events workshops and trainings as per required standards.
3. Support in procurement of office supplies, lab reagents and other research related consumables.
4. Support daily office operations and management including safety of office, cleanliness, stock checking and
supervision of staff.
5. Support the recruitment processes through drafting adverts, managing applications, prepare for interviews and
interview reports writing.
6. Support processing of staff ID’s and registration in social security scheme(s), health insurance and workers
7. Process contracts for new staff and renewal of contracts for ongoing staff where applicable.
8. To assist with travel logistics for programme staff including ticket bookings and preparations for subsistence
allowances as per government circular.
9. Support activities related to grant administration/management including compliance to both institution and funding
bodies, budget preparation, etc.
10. Prepare vote petty cash payments for approval.
11. Ensure petty cash payments are vote coded and properly approved.
12. Disbursement of petty cash payments and recording transactions on the petty cash records.
13. Follow up on payment requests sent to for approval and processing.
14. Any other task as may be assigned by supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Accounting/Finance, Public Administration and Human Resource
Management or relevant work experience in the administration.
2. A minimum of 2 years working experience in relevant field.
3. Time Management and Organizing Skills.
4. Ability to work with diversity and multi-disciplinary teams in a challenging and dynamic environment
5. Proficient in MS Office Applications.
This position will be on full time basis for ONE Year with annual review of performance. Applicants should send their
CV’s, scanned copies of transcripts/certificates and a cover letter outlining their suitability as per the job description to:
[email protected] by 16:30 PM on Friday, 13th September 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
“Sickle Cell Programme is an equal opportunity employer”.