Title: Administrative Officer
Reports To: Finance and Admin Manager
Assignment Type: Consultancy
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Length: March – October 2021
About JSI Research & Training, Institute. Inc
For many years, JSI has worked with the Government of Tanzania and other partners to accelerate progress on the country’s health and development priorities. Together, we’ve trained and deployed health workers, improved health data collection and use, introduced new vaccines, and expanded services to vulnerable populations. JSI manages multiple programs with funding from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the United States Agency for International Development, the World Health Organization, and Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance.
Administration Officer Job Description
- Supports project team in coordination of project administrative, technical, and activities tasks schedules as applicable
- Supports Project Leads in coordinating project teams’ field work activities preparations, travels, and logistics, through close communications with the Finance and Operations Manager to ensure smooth and timely execution of activities
- Contribute to maintaining effective and productive communications and relationships with relevant stakeholders, such as MOHCDGEC, PO-RALG, Implementing Partners (IPs), and external partners and existing health private sector networks.
- Coordinate with Finance and Administration Manager and other staff to create and maintain electronic and physical administrative files for the office, keeping consistent and in an orderly manner.
- Coordinate all travel arrangement for staff and consultants.
- Coordinate hotel accommodations and transport arrangements for STTAs.
- Prepare reports, minutes and other requested documents.
- Distribute office mail and send out mail/packages to the appropriate hosts or couriers.
- Coordinate services for workshops/meetings, such as transport for participants, facilities, catering, displays, special needs requirement printings, audio – visual equipment, printers, computers and other requirement needed.
- Work with the Finance and Administration Manager to facilitate bulk disbursements payments through M-PESA system.
- Work with Finance and Administration Manager to ensure compliance and ethics training is completed annually for each staff.
- Working with the Office Assistant to ensure that all office services are available to facilitate smooth operations of the office i.e. Security, Cleanliness and Office supplies.
- Receive all expendable and non-expendable equipment; ensure that they are engraved and that the Inventory Log is complete and up to date. Ensure correct and timely distribution of assets, and provide support to Finance and Administration Manager on annual inventory reconciliations, as well as monthly updates.
- Organize and maintain proper servicing of office equipment (such as computers).
- Tracking, Coordinate and follow up on JSI procurement process.
- Receive procurement requests from staff and clarify items specification with staff.
- Prepare and release requests for quotation in coordination with staff and JSI policy.
- Evaluate quotation/bids received and prepare evaluation documentation for procurement files, including recommendation of vendors to staff and/or the Finance and Administration Manager.
- Prepare all vendors contract documents such as Local Purchase orders.
- Prepare evaluation documentation for procurement files, including recommendation of vendors to staff and/or the Finance and Administration Manager.
- Follow up on JSI orders with contracted vendors to ensure timely delivery of goods and services, cultivating vendor relationships and ensuing product availability for staff.
- Establish and update preferred vendor contracts with hotels, meeting venues, and other relevant service providers through formal procurement process by following JSI policy.
- Monitor supplier performance, and follow up with vendors on performance issues as needed.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly operations and procurement progress reports for the management team.
- Work closely with the Finance and Administration Manager to ensure timely payments to vendors for all JSI contracts; as necessary escalate any issues that arise to the Finance and Administration Manager.
- Organize and participate in trainings & verify participant’s registration, attendance and payment processes.
- Ensure that the driver keep up-to-date records regarding vehicle travel, maintenance and fuel consumption;
- Review Weekly Control Sheets from the Project Driver cross-check with GPS data, and provide feedback. Review and approve monthly driver reports on vehicle repairs and maintenance, vehicle log sheets and fuel log sheets;
- With direction from the Project Driver, schedule repairs and routine vehicle maintenance as needed work with Project Driver to ensure repairs are done as specified in the orders and the right spare parts are used.
- Management of international staff issues such as preparing immigration documents for work permit applications, making follow ups at Regional Administrative Secretary Office and Public Service Management and also facilitate endorsement.
- Support recruitment including placing advertisements, scheduling interviews, and issuing of employment contracts.
- Preparing visa applications for staff and visitors.
- Foster JSI R & T, Institutes Inc, values of responsiveness, results orientation, collaboration, efficiency, and integrity
- Coach, support and develop staff to increase individual and team effectiveness
- Develop and manage implementation of plans to increase team operating performance, including SOPs and other efficiency initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or other related field and at least three years of experience in supporting International Donor funded projects administrative management roles.
- Experience working with International and local vendors.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Ability to perform project activities budget analysis, highly desirable
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong communications skills; ability to develop partnerships across sectors and cultures resigned
- Strong organizational skills, planning skills, capacity to think strategically and attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Swahili
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Teams, PowerPoint, and SharePoint)
- Unrestricted authorization to work in Tanzania
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and CV.
Email: [email protected]
The deadline for submitting the application is 4th March 2021