The National Institute of Transport (NIT) was established by the National Institute of Transport Act, Cap 187 R.E 2002. It is fully accredited by the National Council for Technical Education (NACTE) with the Certificate of Registration number REG/EOS/009 of 2002.
The National Institute of Transport (NIT) through the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of East Africa for Transformation and Regional Integration Project (EASTRIP) which aims at establishing a Center of Excellence in Aviation and Transport Operations at the Institute. The project duration is 5 years (2019 – 2023) which will involve strengthening of Aviation and Transport Operation programmes. The Institute intends to apply part of the funding towards employing supporting staff to cater for Center operations.
In this regard, Rector of the National Institute of Transport invites all suitable qualified Tanzanians to apply for the following vacancies on contract terms:
ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER II (1 POST)
Qualifications and Experiences
- Holder of Bachelor Degree in Public Administration, Human Resources Management, Human Resources Planning and Management, Sociology, Commerce/Business Administration majoring in Human Resources Management, or equivalent qualification from recognized Institutions plus three (3) years of confirmed working experience in a government/donor funded project of comparable nature with EASTRIP and similar work responsibilities. A Master degree will be an added advantage.
- Proven experience of three (3) years working as administrator.
- In-depth understanding of office management procedures and departmental and legal policies.
- An analytical mind with problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities.
- A person with good public relations, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Good in communication skills and capacity to interact well with an international organization.
- A team player and good at handling issues on Regional/lntemational Relations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all day to day activities and communications between members of the Centre.
- Plan and coordinate administrative procedures and systems and devise ways to streamline processes.
- Work hand in hand with NIT human resource and administration, department in the recruitment process of contractual staff.
- Assist the Center Management Committee to prepare and submit quarterly performance reports and annual performance report within a month from the end of the financial year.
- Assist in preparing annual plans and budgets.
- Recruit and train personnel and allocate responsibilities and office space.
- Ensure the smooth and adequate flow of information within and outside of the Centre to facilitate other operations.
- Responsible for writing minutes of all meetings related to the Center, note-taking during visits and maintaining files.
- Manage schedules and deadlines.
- Monitor inventory of office supplies and the purchasing of new material with attention to budgetary constraints.
- Monitor costs and expenses to assist in budget preparation.
- Oversee facilities services and maintenance activities.
- Organize and supervise other office activities.
- Ensure operations adhere to policies and regulations of NIT.
- Keep abreast with all Centre changes and business developments.
- Prepare reports and presentations with statistical data, as assigned.
- Arrange travel and accommodations for Center activities.
- Schedule in-house and external events.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Head of CoEATO.
- According to the Government Circular.
- One (1) year contact renewable depending to the performance and need of the Institute.
- All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania with an age not above 45 years of age.
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers.
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
- Applicants must attach Academic certificates, Birth certificate and Passport Size Photo.
- Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted:
- Form IV and form VI results slips.
- Testimonials and all Partial transcripts.
- An applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply.
- Certificates from Foreign Examination Bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
- Professional certificates from Foreign Universities and other training institutions should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE).
- An applicant with special needs/case (disability) is supposed/advised to indicate.
- Deadline for application is two weeks from the date of appearance of this advert
- Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview.
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action.
All applications should be addressed to:
National Institute of Transport,
P.O. Box 705,
DAR ES SALAAM.
The deadline for submitting the application is September 17, 2020