Job Opportunity at Abt Associates, Agricultural Technology Solutions Specialist
Agricultural Technology Solutions Specialist
Abt Associates, a global leader in research and implementing technical programs in the fields of economic growth, international health, social and environmental policy, and climate change, seeks highly qualified candidates for the anticipated USAID-funded Tanzania Horticulture Activity.
Candidates should possess the following qualifications:
- A university degree in agriculture, business administration, economics, communications, health and behavioral or social sciences or a related field is required.
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in one or more of the relevant technical areas listed below. USAID experience is highly preferred.
- Agricultural Technology Solutions Specialist will provide subject matter expertise and leadership to facilitate collaboration and cooperation between private sector input companies, agro-dealers, local government extension officers, and horticulture producers to identify, integrate and advance uptake of technologies.
- These may include improved seed varieties, climate-smart agriculture practices, sustainable soil and water management approaches, greenhouses, drip irrigation and multiple-use water systems—including through social behavior change interventions.
- He/she will facilitate activities to incentivize smallholders to improve productivity and quality upgrading, combining technical solutions with market opportunities. Posted by Mabumbe Jobs
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates may send a CV and cover letter to [email protected]assoc.com
Please include the title of the technical area and “USAID/Tanzania Horticulture” in the subject line of the email. One email per position application. Deadline for applications is 15 June 2020.
All positions are contingent upon program award and funding. Tanzanian nationals are encouraged to apply. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.