Spallanzani Action With Africa – SAWA TANZANIA is a
registered trustee, nonprofit organisation, established and incorporated
under the Trustees Incorporation Act (Cap. 318 R.E.2002) with
certificate of incorporation no. 5232 since 2015. SAWA TANZANIA aims at
promoting health cooperation and translational research by pursuing
activities of mutual solidarity, operating overall in collaboration with
the public medical sector in the United Republic of Tanzania.
SAWA TANZANIA is based in Dodoma Region and focuses its actions in
strengthening the health system, especially in the field of infectious
diseases, with projects aimed to increase the quality of health
services. SAWA TANZANIA also collaborates with the Italian National
Institute for Infectious Diseases (based in Rome, Italy) to promote and
conduct translational research in infectious diseases field in order to
contribute to the empowerment of the health system, with positive impact
on patients’ outcome.
Duty Station: all 3 positions (Laboratory Technician, Medical
Coordinator and Nursing Officer) will be located in Dodoma Regional
Referral Hospital, Dodoma, Tanzania
Contract duration: as a full-time fixed term of twelve months, renewable
with possible extension depending on performance and funding.
SAWA TANZANIA is an equal opportunities employer and has its own
Employment Conditions Scheme in Remuneration Overall goal of the job
positions: support to the Decentralization of the management of Drug
Resistant Tuberculosis in Dodoma Region, Tanzania (DETER -TB)
Job Title: Medical Coordinator (1 Post)
- Qualification and experience. University degree in medicine from any
recognised University or Institution plus registration by the
National Medical Council
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in public health and/or TB control;
- Proven track record in people, project and finance management;
- Expertise in overall management of TB and HIV; Knowledge and skills
in project activities implementation;
- Excellent organizational, planning, negotiating, and problem-solving
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office package;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English and
- Excellent presentation skills in a highly-motivated team of
experienced, self-driven colleagues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Advise TB control stakeholders at the regional and district levels
on all areas of TB control (patient-centred care, MDR-TB, TB/HIV,
paediatric TB, community engagement etc.)
- Participate in joint supportive supervision visits within the region
- Identify bottlenecks and opportunities in TB control in the region
- Develop and co-facilitate technical TB trainings
- Supervise and inspire team members, while creating an environment
where sharing, technical debate and innovation are routine
- Contribute to the development of the regional work plan and
implement the outlined project activities with the team
- Monitor the project performance according to the M&E plan
- Prepare and submit quarterly and annual reports to the SAWA Tanzania
President/board of Directors
- Maintain personal in-depth knowledge on TB care and prevention areas
- Participate in quarterly District TB and Leprosy Coordinators
performance review meetings and the bi-annual NTLP meetings
Job Title: Nursing Officer (1 Post)
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing from a recognised University or
Institution and registered by the Tanzania Nurses and Midwifery Council.
- Computer knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel) and database
systems will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work under pressure
Duties and Responsibilities
- Take general nursing care of patients
- Administer drugs and other treatments as prescribed by Medical Doctors
- Counselling patients and educate patients on their health problems
- Ordering drugs from pharmacy and ward equipment from stores
- Giving health education to patients and relatives about Tuberculosis
- Collecting essential medical data and preparing reports of his/her
Deadline for application. Deadline for submission of application is 27
of May 2019.
Mode of application.
All applications should be enclosed with relevant certified certificates
and detailed curriculum vitae which indicate 3 referees’ contacts.
Applicants are invited to indicate all contact information necessary in
order to reach them easily. Application should be submitted to the
address below (through email or postal).
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified. In case you do not hear
for us in two weeks time after the closing date, you can consider
P.O. BOX 11044, DODOMA