Vacancy Announcement IOM/DAR/028/19
Position title Intern
Position grad UG
Duty Statin Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
II. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Assistant in the CounterTrafficking Unit in coordination with the Programme Coordinator and the overall supervision of Chief of Mission, the intern will assist with the implementation of projects within the area of Ending Violence Against Women and Children and Combating Human Trafficking in Tanzania. The selected candidate will perform the following functions:
III. RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Assist in the implementation of the activities within the programme “UN Joint Programme for Ending Violence against Women and Children in Tanzania” and selected activities that IOM is implementing within the United Nations Development Assistance Framework (UNDAP II 2016 – 2022);
Assist in the planning, organization and evaluation of capacity-building and community dialogue events as per programme workplan;
Assist in the preparing visibilities, awareness raising materials as well as updating the programme info sheets;
Assist in the logistics of organizing meetings and other events with partners or stakeholders;
Assist in coordinating and carrying out studies/assessment/ research and the dissemination
Assist in the drafting and proofreading of reports and other documents for UN Joint Programme for Ending Violence against Women and Children in Tanzania;
Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following technical and behavioral competencies
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
• Performance Management – provides constructive feedback to colleagues.
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
V. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• University degree in Development Studies, Social Science, Economics or similar fields.
• Post graduate diploma is an asset, as well as volunteering experience in similar field.
• Capacity to draft, write and revise reports and documents with clarity, conciseness and precision in English.
• Attention to detail and good organizational skills. Good communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• Capacity to achieve time-bound results in a multi-cultural environment with respect to local customs and habits.
• Basic knowledge of computer skills
• Fluency in both written and spoken, English and Kiswahili
How to apply:
Interested candidates should fill in the PH form, submit CV’s and cover letter indicating Vacancy Notice number with 3 professional references and contacts to [email protected]
Or send applications to the address below; International Organization for Migration Mission in the United Republic of Tanzania Slipway Road, off Chole Road, Plot # 1365 Msasani. PO Box 9270 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania Kindly note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted & Vacancy is only open for Tanzanian nationals. For further information, please refer to: https://tanzania.iom.int/ Posting period: From 27th August – 09th September 2019