Archivist and Records Officer at The School of St. Jude
Apply for the position of Archivist and Records Officer at the School of St Jude, a pioneering leader in charitable education within Africa.
Who are you
- You have fantastic attention to detail and are passionate about organizing and preserving documents.
- You are a dynamic and strategic thinker, with the ability to work independently and provide support and advice to other staff.
- You have a positive, can-do attitude and be an all-round admin genius who is capable of juggling a variety of tasks.
- You go to sleep at night dreaming of best ways to implement archiving strategies, cataloguing records and preserving historical documents.
What you‘ll do
- Organize archival records and develop classification systems to facilitate access to archival materials.
- Prepare archival records, such as document descriptions, to allow easy access to information.
- Mentor and direct activities of workers who will assist in arranging, cataloguing, exhibiting and maintaining collections of valuable materials.
- Preserve records, documents, and objects, copying records to digital formats as necessary.
- Authenticate and appraise historical documents and archival materials.
What we‘re looking for
- 5+ years’ experience in archiving and records management essential.
- Outstanding administration skills, including excellent data entry experience.
- High-level organisational skills and attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- International applicant willing to move to Tanzania for a period of 6 months (maximum).
- Confident, independent and highly skilled problem solver who can hit the ground running and delve deep into the St Jude’s archives.
- The opportunity to use your talents and expertise to fight poverty through education and make a positive impact in Tanzania
- A local wage that will allow you to live comfortably in Arusha – a vibrant gateway to Tanzania’s world-famous national parks
- International Employees Benefits Package including: housing benefit allowance and access to furnished on-campus accommodation (WiFi included); plus contract completion incentives
- A flexible and supportive community of international and local employees
- Ample opportunities for career progression and development
Are you interested?
- Send your cover letter and an up to date Curriculum Vitae to [email protected]
- Subject line must include the reference number: TSOSJ/HR/ADM/MKT/03/20
- Applications close on 18th September 2020, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
About The School of St. Jude
The School of St Jude is a pioneering leader in charitable education within Africa. We are giving 1,800 students a 100% free, quality education, 100’s of graduates access to higher education and 30,000+ Tanzanians quality teaching each year. St Jude’s is funded by generous supporters from around the world who make our mission of giving bright, poor Tanzanian students a free, quality education possible.