EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES ON CONTRACT BASIS
Mbeya University of Science and Technology invites applications from suitably and competent persons to fill vacancies that exist in the Directorate of Estates and Technical Services on Contract basis.
ARTISAN II 2 POSTS (MRCC 01 & MAIN CAMPUS 01)
Holder of Form IV or Form VI certificate with Trade Test Grade I/Level III in Plumbing or equivalent qualifications from recognized institutions.
- Install, repair and maintain plumbing systems and components;
- Review building plans and specifications to determine the layout of plumbing and materials;
- Identify required tools and special equipment;
- Select the type and size of pipe required;
- Locate and mark positions for connections and fixtures;
- Install supports and hangers for pipe, fixtures and equipment;
- Assemble and install valves and fittings;
- Install, repair and maintain underground storm sanitary and water piping systems;
- Install, repair and maintain water treatment equipment, piping and control;
- Install, repair and maintain water heaters and conditioners;
- Install, repair and maintain plumbing fixtures, appliance and trim;
- Test pipe system and fixtures for leaks
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by Supervisor.
SALARY SCALE PGSS 3
Successful candidates shall hold the office for One (01) Year and may be renewed upon satisfactory service.
NB: GENERAL CONDITIONS
- All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania; ii. Applicants must attach an up – to – date /current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact postal address, e-mail address and telephone numbers;
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
- Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of:
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
- Professional Certificates from respective boards.
- One recent passport size picture and birth certificate.
- Form IV and Form VI results slips are strictly not accepted; vi. Testimonials, Partial transcripts and results slips will not be accepted; vii. Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the
- CV will necessitate legal action; viii. Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
- Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
- Women are highly encouraged to apply;
- Only short listed candidates will be informed on the date of interview; xii. Application letters should be written in English; xiii. Dead line for application is 14/04/2021 at 3:30p.m.
APPLICATION LETTERS SHOULD BE POSTED TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS;
THE VICE CHANCELLOR,
MBEYA UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY,