Capital Limited is an international and highly respected mineral exploration drilling company with operations throughout Africa. An industry leader in safety with ambitious growth strategies, we are seeking applications for the following position by dedicated and professional individuals who would like to join our dynamic team. This position is based in Mwanza and will provide the opportunity to be part of a team that contributes towards the exciting growth of the mining industry in Tanzania.
We have an immediate requirement for motivated, and professional Assistant Accountant located in Tanzania. Reporting to the Chief Accountant, you will assist the Tanzania Finance team with regards to financial reporting and you will be responsible for all accounting data capturing and filling.
- Good knowledge of ERP systems
- Process and settle invoices on the system, including reconciliation of Accounts Payable and review of reconciliations prepared by Assistant Accountant
- Liaise with vendors for queries, as and when required and ensure that there’s a communication flow between the company and the vendor
- Update cash book daily, post transactions on the system, payments and receipts, and reconcile weekly
- Prepare and review the petty cash analysis for posting and ensure expenses are correctly allocated
- Report daily bank balance to Management
- Prepare payments and send for approval, and ensure that the correct amounts are being paid to the vendors
- Prepare and process journal entries on the system
- Ensure files are kept up to date
- Assist auditors for queries
- Assist the Finance Team with ad-hoc tasks
You will be required to have:
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in the field of Accounting/ Finance or Auditing
- Working experience in the mining or manufacturing industry preferable
- Experience working with foreign multi-national enterprises is preferable
- Experience with ERP systems
- Self-organisation skills and good time management skills
- Effective communication skills, both English and Swahili would be an advantage
- Ability to work autonomously, use initiative and be proactive
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and a pragmatic approach to work
- Excel knowledge (intermediate level)
This is a job opportunity, with a competitive remuneration package to be offered to prospective candidates for this position.
HOW TO APPLY
To contact only the best qualified candidates to participate in the selection exercise.
Not to make any appointment following this advertisement.