Uhuru Hospitals Group Is a private Group of Hospitals established back In 2014 October In Mwanza Region. Since its establishment It has continued to observe a tremendous growth it being contributed upon by the quality of services which creates an Increasing demand. As of current the Uhuru Hospitals Group Is aiming at systems strengthening and further business development which goes hand In hand with firming up of Its top Management structure. In view of this, Uhuru Hospitals Group Is hereby seeking for applications from highly qualified, well experienced, competent and motivated persons to fill the following position;
Position: Assistant Accountant
Reports to: Finance Manager
Status/ Level: Middle Cadre
Education: BA in Accountancy/ Finance/ B.com/ Mathematics from a recognized Institution.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Finance Manager and other team members to successfully execute various accounting tasks
- Maintain Institution ledgers and daily financial transactions
- Create financial documents such as bills, Invoices, pay-orders, payables, receivables and purchase orders
- Identify discrepancies In ledgers and accounts, tracking them to the source and correcting them
- Manage payroll activities and release salaries In collaboration with the HR office
- Coordinate and manage payment and billing details of external service providers, contractors and vendors
- Verify payments and deposits made through the Institution account and coordinate with the banks
- Create monthly reports for management and team members
- Performing reconciliations of accounts
- Processing payments and Invoices accurately and within expected time periods
- Verifying financial statements, ledgers and accounts and making corrections where appropriate
- Preparing profit and loss accounts sheets, VAT returns and annual budget
Required Qualification and Experience
- A minimum of 4 years and above progressive working experience In which the candidate has served In a similar position performing similar functions.
- The ability to produce accurate financial reports and the ability to prioritise work
- Discretion as there will likely be sensitive Information and figures discussed
- The ability to work to strict time constraints but excellent In paying attention to detail
- Basic computer skills (Ms Word/ Excel/Spreadsheet/ Internet Navigation/ PPT etc)
- An organised and methodical approach to a task
- Experience/ background In Medical field and clean criminal record will be a plus
Teamwork, Time Management, Communication, Attention to details, Report Writing, Accounts E-Sys- tems, Budgeting, Computer.
Mode of Application
Interested candidates are to submit their motivational letter, copy of their latest CV and copies of their certificates In one document. The CV must Include the list of work- related traceable referees Including their email address and telephone number. To be considered your application MUST be received before 1700 hrs January 29th 2021. The subject line of your email should mention the Job position you are applying for as It appears In this advertisement. Failure to do that may lead to difficult retrieval of your application.
All correspondents and applications should be emailed to; [email protected]
Uhuru Hospitals Group is an equal opportunity employer
Any application sent later than the mentioned date and time will not be considered.
Uhuru Hospitals Group regrets that Only short-listed candidates will be contacted within two weeks after the deadline of this advert.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply