Geita Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (GEUWASA) is Semi-Autonomous Government Agency operating under the Ministry of Water. It was declared water board on 29th May 2002 by the Minister responsible for water and published in the Government notice 258 on 20th June 2002 in accordance with the water works act, Cap 272 to operate and manage water supply and sanitation service in Geita town.
In order to attain GEUWASA Vision and Mission, GEUWASA is seeking to recruit dynamic, experienced, competent and qualified performance driven Tanzanians male and Female to fill in an excellent career opportunity of:
ASSISTANT CREDIT OFFICER (1 POST)
REPORTING TO: COMMERCIAL MANAGER
WORK STATION: GEITA
KEY RESULT AREA: Assists the Commercial Manager in efficient revenue collection.
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Develop revenue collection plans and strategies to ensure daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual revenue collection targets are met.
- Makes close daily follow up of customer debts and illegal meter connections (bypasses) in order to apprehend the culprits.
- Supervise sales officers to ensure that Authority’s revenue collection target are realized.
- Check on a daily basis the status of current and new customer’s data base to facilitate easily payment of their monthly bills.
- Enforce the Authority’s disconnection and reconnection policy is strictly followed
- Advice the Commercial Manager on business strategies for revenue collection so that revenue collection targets are met.
- Dealing with queries about payments, ensuring customer pay on time and negotiate re-payment plans.
- Chase overdue invoices within agreed timescales
- Handle disputed bills and negotiate to bring payment within the agreed terms.
- Prepare, documents and monitors all approved contractual agreements for customer debts settlement
- Review contracts of customers who pay by installment and follows payment
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by Commercial Manager
Qualifications Required, Competency and Experience
- A holder of Diploma in Business Administration/B.Com/Accountancy with 5 years of experience in credit control functions plus customer care and computer application skills.
- This vacancy carry an attractive competitive package
GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR APPLICANTS
All applications should be in written form and have to be enclosed with the following documents:
- All applicants must be citizen of Tanzania.
- Two recent passport size picture should be attached
- The Curriculum Vitae (CV) must incorporate all contacts telephone numbers, mobile box numbers, e-mail and physical addresses.
- Cover letter of the applicants should contain the strength of information given in the advertisement
- FORM IV AND VI RESULTS SLIPS ARE STRICTLY NOT ACCEPTED
- Testimonials, partial transcript and result slips will NOT be accepted.
- Certificates from foreign examinations bodies, colleges or University should be verified by NECTA, NACTE orTCU.
- Certified copies of certificates of Form IV, VI, University degree, Academic Transcript and Birth Certificate.
- Full names and detailed address of three referees (Address should include Mobile Phone, email address and postal address).
- Application letter should be written in English
- Applicants with special needs/ case (disability) are supposed to indicate.
- Applicants who will submit fraudulent documents will be subjected to criminal proceedings.
In addition to the qualifications mentioned, the incumbent is expected to possess the following traits
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly intelligent and ability to adopt to changes quickly
- Capacity to work under teamwork spirit, establish and maintain effective working relations with different people and stakeholder
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
Mode of Applications
All applications should be sent to GEUWASA Office and be addressed to:
The Managing Director,
Geita Urban Water and Sanitation Authority,
- ALL APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SENT BEFORE 17th September 2020.
NB: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES (WHO MEET THE REQUIREMENTS) WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW, AND THOSE WHO WILL NOT HEAR FROM US SHOULD CONSIDER THEMSELVES AS UN SUCCESSFUL.