Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Assistant Electrician to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Engineering and Services department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Electrical Superviso
Work Schedule: 7 Days Day Shift/ 7 Days Night Shift / 7 Days Day Off
- Ensure safe work practices by attending compulsory safety courses and meetings;
- Wear the appropriate PPE for the task at hand;
- Assist and conduct incident/accident investigations;
- Comply with Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines;
- Assist to install of all electrical, leaky feeder and instrumentation cable.
- Knowledge of hand tools and equipment used to conduct job.
- Sound experience in working with basic hand tools
- Self-motivated, able to work under supervision and follow instructions.
- Ability to work with people from a wide range of nationalities and cultures and the willingness to share skills and knowledge with others
- The cable ganger’s/operator primary role is to assist Electrician.
- Ability to follow emergency procedures and report abnormal conditions to supervisor without delay
- Ability to execute assigned tasks understands and follows oral and written instructions.
- Secondary school certificate – Form IV
- Valid driving license
- Electrical installation certificate is added advantage
- 1 Year experience on underground mining industrially
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent communication in English ,both writing and verbal
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Mine health &Safety Act awareness
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
Copy of secondary school certificate
Indicating the role title “ASSISTANT ELECTRICIAN “ in the subject of your email
Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 26th December 2020