ASSISTANT ICT OFFICER
The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) is a Parastatal Organization established by an Act of Parliament No. 23 of 1979 (CAP.59, R.E.2002) and became operational in 1980. NIMR Mbeya Medical Research Centre (MMRC) is one of the NIMR Centres located in Mbeya. The Centre is currently conducting research on HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs) as well as other diseases of public health importance. The National Institute for Medical Research is looking for the qualified, experienced and well-motivated personnel to fill vacant position whose duty station will be in Mbeya City.
JOB POSITION: ASSISTANT ICT OFFICER (1 POSTS)
The Assistant ICT Officer will report and work under the Head of ICT at NIMR Mbeya Centre.
Will be responsible to maintain computer systems, provide technical support and teach users the basic skills they need to operate newly installed programs. Install, repair, maintain, and analyze different types of computer and accessories.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To investigate user problems, to identify their source and determine possible solutions;
- To install, configure, and maintaining personal computers, workstations, network cabling, and other related equipment, devices and systems;
- To keep records of all users’ problems and errors as well as the steps to be taken to solve the problems;
- To answer technical queries as may arise from user staff, departments and units;
- To repair and maintain ICT equipment and associated peripherals;
- To maintain safety and security to ICT systems and equipment;
- To operate computers and peripheral equipment such as system consoles, printers, tape and disk drives;
- To prepare equipment for operation; monitor equipment and communication network while in operation;
- To perform minor debugging and report any discrepancies; identify and report major equipment malfunctions to appropriate personnel;
- To burst, decollate, shred, sort and collate printouts in preparation for delivery to appropriate departments and users;
- To perform daily systems initialization and backups to computer systems; and
- Perform any related duties as may be assigned by his superiors.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Holder of Diploma or FTC in one of following fields: Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Telecommunication or equivalent computer qualifications from recognised Institutions;
- Previously working experience in the Medical Research settings is an added advantage;
- The applicant should be a Tanzanian below 45 years old;
- Team player with high integrity;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational skills;
- Able to work under pressure and multi-tasking setting;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision;
TERMS: One (1) year contract which may be renewed by mutual agreement bases of performance and availability of funds.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
All applications should be enclosed with certified copies of relevant certificates, detailed curriculum vitae and names of at least two reliable referees.
Applicants are required to submit their applications not later than two weeks after the first appearance of this advert.
Applicants are also reminded to indicate reliable day time contact information.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
In case you do not hear from us in two weeks’ time after the closing date consider yourself unsuccessful.
In your application letter use the address below:
THE CENTRE MANAGER, NIMR – MBEYA MEDICAL RESEARCH CENTRE, P.O. BOX 2410, MBEYA, TANZANIA. Please Use the Link Below to apply, we do not accept the hard copy or email submission. Deadline of submission is 11st April, 2023