The University of Dar es Salaam invites applications from suitably qualified Tanzanians to be considered for immediate employment to fill the following vacant posts:
COLLEGE OF SOCIAL SCIENCES (CoSS)
Department of Statistics
Field: Probability Theory and Statistics: 1 Position – Assistant Lecturer
Lecturer must possess PhD plus a minimum GPA of 4.0 or a B+ average at Master’s degree level and an undergraduate degree with an overall GPA of 3.8 or higher from an internationally reputable higher bearing institution. They must be potentially good academically.
Assistant Lecturer must possess a minimum GPA of 4.0 or a B+ average at Master’s degree level and an undergraduate degree with an overall GPA of 3.8 or higher from an internationally reputable higher bearing institution. They must be potentially good academically.
Tutorial Assistant must possess a Bachelor degree with a minimum GPA of 3.8.
Main Duties for: –
i. Carries out lectures, conduct tutorials, seminars and practicals for undergraduate and postgraduate programmes
ii. Sets, invigilates and marks undergraduate and postgraduate examinations
iii. Mentoring junior staff in relevant fields
iv. Participates /contributes in curriculum development
v. Participates in developing and managing various university/constituent college activities;
vi. Conducts research and publish/disseminate results
vii. Carries out consultancy and community services
viii. Writes teaching manuals and compendia
ix. Supervises field practicals, undergraduate special projects, Masters and PhD dissertations/theses
x. Attends /organize workshops, conferences and symposia; and
xi. Performs any work of the University as assigned by relevant authorities
i. Carries out lectures, seminars, tutorials and practicals for undergraduate programmes
ii. Sets, invigilates and marks undergraduate examinations
iii. Assists senior staff in lectures, seminars, tutorials, and practicals for postgraduate programmes
iv. Supervises projects and practical training for undergraduate students
v. Conducts research and publishes results;
vi. Carries out consultancy and public service
vii. Undergoes postgraduate training to PhD level
viii. Participates in relevant workshops and conferences; and
ix. To perform any other relevant duties assigned by one’s superior
i. Under-studies senior members of academic staff by attending their lectures seminars, tutorials and practicals
ii. Carries out seminars, tutorials and practicals
iii. Assists in research, consultancy and public service
iv. Performs any other relevant duties assigned by one’s superior; and
v. Undergoes postgraduate training for the master’s degree
TERMS OF SERVICE
- Permanent and pensionable.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates should apply in confidence enclosing:
- Detailed CV.
- Photocopy of relevant academic certificates and transcripts.
- Photocopy of birth certificate.
- Names and addresses of two referees.
- Mode of communication, e.g. Telephone, fax, email, etc.
- Applicants should indicate Departments/Disciplines for which they apply
- Applicants who are currently employed in the Public Service must channel their application letters through their respective employers. Non-disclosure of such status will lead to automatic disqualification.
- All applicants should indicate the positions they apply on top of the envelope.
- Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
- Presentation of forged certificates & other information will necessitate to legal action.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
- Applicants must be citizens of Tanzania with an age not above 45 years
Interested applicants should submit their applications to the following address:
Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic),
University of Dar es Salaam,
P.O. Box 35091,
DAR ES SALAAM
The deadline for submitting the application is 13 January, 2021