Assistant Lecturer (UDSoL)
The University of Dar es Salaam invites applications from suitably qualified Tanzanian Public Servants who wish to be considered for transfer to the University of Dar es Salaam to fill the following Academic posts:
UNIVERSITY OF DAR ES SALAAM SCHOOL OF LAW (UDSoL)
Department of Public Law 1 Position – Assistant Lecturer
Applicants should have the following academic qualifications
LL.B (4 years)
LL. M (Regular) (2 years)
Should be able to teach: Environmental Law; EAC Law and International Humanitarian Law
Qualifications and Experience: –
Lecturer must possess PhD plus a minimum GPA of 4.0 or a B+ average at Master’s degree level and an undergraduate degree with an overall GPA of 3.8 or higher from an internationally reputable higher bearing institution. They must be potentially good academically.
Assistant Lecturer must possess a minimum GPA of 4.0 or a B+ average at Master’s degree level and an undergraduate degree with an overall GPA of 3.8 or higher from an internationally reputable higher bearing institution. They must be potentially good academically.
Main Duties for: –
Carries out lectures, conduct tutorials, seminars and practicals for undergraduate and postgraduate programmes
Sets, invigilates and marks undergraduate and postgraduate examinations;
Mentoring junior staff in relevant fields
Participates /contributes in curriculum development;
Participates in developing and managing various university/ constituent college activities
Conducts research and publish/disseminate results
Carries out consultancy and community services
Writes teaching manuals and compendia
Supervises field practicals, undergraduate special projects, Masters and PhD dissertations/theses
Attends /organize workshops, conferences and symposia; and
Performs any other duties that may be assigned by the relevant authorities
Carries out lectures, seminars, tutorials and practicals for undergraduate programmes
Sets, invigilates and marks undergraduate examinations
Assists senior staff in lectures, seminars, tutorials, and practicals for postgraduate programmes
Supervises projects and practical training for undergraduate students
Conducts research and publishes results
Carries out consultancy and public service
Undergoes postgraduate training to PhD level
Participates in relevant workshops and conferences; and
To perform any work of the University as assigned by relevant authorities.
TERMS OF SERVICE
Permanent and pensionable.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates should apply in confidence enclosing:
- Detailed CV.
- Photocopy of relevant academic certificates and transcripts.
- Photocopy of birth certificate.
- Names and addresses of two referees.
- Mode of communication, e.g. Telephone, fax, email, etc
- Applicants should indicate Departments/Disciplines for which they apply.
- Applicants must channel their application letters through their re spective employers.
- All applicants should indicate the positions they apply on top of the envelope.
- Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Ad vanced level education should be verified by The National Exam ination Council of Tanzania (NECTA);
- Presentation of forged certificates & other information will neces sitate to legal action.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
- Applicants must be citizens of Tanzania with an age not above 45 years.
Interested applicants should submit their applications to the following address:
Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic),
University of Dar es Salaam,
P.O. Box 35091,
DAR ES SALAAM
Deadline for receiving applications is 31 August, 2020