Ruaha Catholic University (RUCU) is a full-fledged university since 2014. It was established by the Tanzania Episcopal Conference (TEC) under its Trust Deed of the Registered Trustees of Ruaha University College through the generous support of the government, TEC and well- wishers (friends of RUCU) within Tanzania.
The University is governed and administered in accordance with TCU guidelines as well as the Catholic Church Policy on Higher Education Institutions –Ex Corde Ecclesiae– and the provisions of the constitution establishing a University. Nonetheless RUCU is a fully fledged private and secular university that is open to all regardless of their faiths or religious affiliations, race, ethnicity, gender, disability or caste. Its Moto is Academic Excellence and Moral Finesse. This is pursued through the Faculties of Arts and Social Sciences, Education, Business and Management Sciences, ICT, Law and Institute of Allied Health Sciences. RUCU is located within Iringa Municipality
- Assistant Lecturers to teach in Bachelor of Arts with Education, majoring in the following teaching
- Economics (2) positions
- Literature (3) positions
- Assistant Lectures to teach in Bachelor in Environmental Health Sciences with Information Technology with a focus on Immunology/Microbiology (1) position
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and conduct Lectures to students in the respective Faculty ( Arts, Education) at undergraduate
- Contribute professional inputs to the respective
- Participate in developing new programs and
- Undertake Research, Consultancy/community services and Publications
- Supervise Research, fieldwork and classroom and practical activities
- Mentor junior staff
- Create harmony in the community of students and staff
- Respect the vision, mission and values of the University as interpreted by the Board of Trustees
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned to you by the Dean and/or higher authority.
FOR ASSISTANT LECTURERS
- Holders of Masters of Education from any university recognized by TCU or sister Commissions of Higher Education with GPA minimum 0
- Relevant undergraduate degrees with pedagogical competences, with GPA not less than 5
- Not less than 2 years of teaching at university level
- Reputable referee recommendations
- Pass interview organized by the university
Standard salary packages will be offered to selected candidates.
Interested candidates should submit their application letters indicating the positions and specializations applied for and enclosing copies of their academic credentials, detailed CV’s and relevant referees and their contacts.
The Deadline for receiving applications will be 25th September 2020
Applications should be addressed to: