African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) is an international leader in mechanised hard rock underground mining. AUMS is part of Perenti (Formerly the Ausdrill Group), an ASX 200 company and Australia’s second largest integrated mining services provider. We are a global leader in hard rock underground mining; together with Barminco we operate across Africa in Tanzania, Egypt, Ghana, and Burkina Faso and in Australia and India. We are driven by the continued success at our operations and exceeding our client’s expectations – both in terms of safety and performance. The collective talent and expertise of our workforce is the key to our success, and we are looking for talented people to join our business. We seek to build teams who are loyal, committed to our company values and dedicated to helping our clients.
In return, we provide state of the art facilities, equipment and technology. We look forward to receiving your application for the following positions.
Assistant Logistics Officer
- Geita Gold Mine, Geita (Dar based position)
To assist Logistics Officer in coordination, accurate data entry, tracking of shipments and producing all paperwork required for the importing or exporting of goods both internationally and locally.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complies with all HS&E policies, procedures and instructions.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures that are displayed and amended from time to time.
- Collaborating with others in pursuing safety goals.
- Maintain close communications with AUMS freight forwarders to ensure prompt clearance of international air and sea freight shipments
- Data entry of all shipments into the Pronto Shipment Module and maintain the shipments data base
- Communicate with customs, freight forwarders and site operations on logistics matters
- Check and process all shipping documents required for transportation
- Processing of invoices from logistics providers
- Assist with month end logistics reporting activities
- Degree in Supply and or Business Administration.
- Up to 2 years of experience in coordinating logistics both internationally and locally.
- High level computer literacy with excellent Excel, Work and PowerPoint skills.
- High Level communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent communication skills in Swahili and English
- Full understanding of shipping, custom clearance and import processes for air and sea.
- Valid Tanzanian Driver’s License
- Previous experience in mining or heavy industry is preferable.
- Ability to solve problems and escalate issues prior to them occurring.
- Able to work under pressure and maintain deadlines
- Experience using Pronto software
- It is a Dar based position with some travel to site as required.
If you have the necessary skills, drive and experience to be an asset to AUMS Operations Team, we welcome your interest and encourage you to apply.
Only applications with a current Resume attached will be considered for employment.
Please send your CV along with a detailed covering letter via email email@example.com
Application letters should reach the above on or before 14th October 2020, 18hr00.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! AUMS(T)Limited does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately by calling +255 682 660 124 or+255 682 660 256 or+255 682 660 893.