Job title: Assistant Manager – Concurrent Audit
Job type: Permanent
Emp type: Full-time
Job ID: 32213
• Ensuring compliance with laid down systems, procedures and policies and highlighting any unacceptable exceptions and ensuring completeness of collection.
• Providing value adding recommendations to key processes which enhance efficiency.
• Represent Internal Audit in projects intended to review and re-engineer processes and recommend improvements/changes.
• Participate in user acceptance testing\training and preparation of procedure manuals, guidelines and circulars.
• Ensuring policies and procedures are documented, approved, communicated and understood by concerned staff before launch of any function/unit/product/service.
• To offer consultancy/advisory services on the areas noted, in consultation with the Head Internal Audit. This includes fraud and forensic accounting.
• Review exception reports from the core-banking system, CTS, Mobile banking and any other system that the bank uses as a major customer channel.
• Review documents/proposals noting exceptions to policies and procedures and ensure there is adequate justification and appropriate approval for the same.
• Review unbudgeted expenses to ensure they have been adequately justified and appropriately approved.
• Supplement the efforts of the Bank in carrying out simultaneous internal checks and monitoring of transactions (transactions are properly recorded/documented and vouched in line with the laid down procedures), IS system security and controls, backups, system change management, acquisitions etc.
• Reviewing of high-level controls e.g. reconciliation statements (nostros, suspense accounts, on accounts and other monthly exhibit reconciliations), MIS reports, minutes of various committee meeting, etc.
• Review of Management accounts on a monthly basis against the General ledger to ensure that they are a true reflection of the system balances, adjustments made are not significant and if significant, that these have been escalated to management as an issue that needs to be addressed.
• Preparation of draft concurrent plan and submit to the Head to be presented in the last quarter BAC yearly.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Banking, Finance or related field
• A minimum of 2 years working experience at Senior Officer level