Rafiki Social Development Organization is a development and advocacy non-Governmental and non-profit sharing Organization working with Children, Youth, Marginalized and Vulnerable groups, families and their communities to reach their full potential by advocating for their rights and tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. The Organization was established in January 2005 and registered under the NGO Act of 2002, issued with a registration number No.00NGO/00006336 to operate in Tanzania Mainland. Rafiki-SDO in partnership with PACT implement the USAID Adolescents and Children HIV Incidence Reduction, Empowerment and Virus Elimination project (ACHIEVE). ACHIEVE is a five-year global effort to reach and sustain HIV epidemic control among pregnant and breastfeeding women, adolescents, infants and children. The project is funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development and implemented by a Pact-led consortium of top global HIV/AIDS partners. The ACHIEVE consortium works with USAID Missions, national governments and existing response partners to identify gaps in HIV prevention and treatment programming among target populations. As part of its strategy, ACHIEVE is working to prevent and respond to gender-based violence and to empower youth to own their own future.
To facilitate smooth implementation of this project, Rafiki-SDO wishes to recruit qualified, experienced, motivated and dynamic individuals in the following positions available;
JOB TITTLE: Assistant M&E Officer (1 POST)
Office location: Mara Region
Work station : Musoma Municipal Council
Reporting to: Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
Duration: 1 YEAR / Renewable (full time)
Salary: Attractive package
Serve as an active member of the Rafiki-SDO management team for the implementation of ACHIEVE Tanzania project with the primary responsibility of strategic leadership and management of Monitoring and Evaluation functions under the leadership and direction of Project Manager.
- The Assistant Monitoring and Evaluation officer must develop a close working relationship with the technical team (ESLO, CMOs, CMCs. HHOs etc.) to ensure quality data is collected and entered in the database. The assistant M&E Officer will be responsible for:
- Support in implementing and overseeing monitoring and evaluation activities in the council level, including development of Rafiki-SDO M&E plans and data collection frameworks to support data management, and reporting.
- Support data analysis for their respective councils, visualization and use of data to assess daily and monthly Rafiki-SDO performance trends and help Rafiki-SDO management to interpret program performance and implications of data for programming.
- Participate actively in generating data for Rafiki-SDO management monthly and quarterly narrative reports or other reports, as needed.
- Organize and supervises routine internal data quality assessments (DQAs) for each council under management of the Rafiki-SDO.
- Facilitate communication, technical and working linkages between technical team and M&E team within and between councils.
- Play a coordinating function for producing data and feeding to Rafiki-SDO management for program decision making at council and organizational level.
- Provided technical assistance to Rafiki-SDO technical team members (CMOs, CMCs, HHOs, ESLOs, DREAMS Officer etc.) on developing and monitoring targets in compliance with the developed and approved M&E plan.
- Conduct and coordinate provision of regular data collection and entry visits to Community Case Workers (CCWs); identify data entry challenges and provide technical assistance on data entry to CCWs.
- Serve as a mentor to Rafiki-SDO technical team members (CMOs, CMCs, HHOs, ESLOs, DREAMS Officer) and provide technical assistance in various areas relating to M&E function.
- Organize and coordinate quarterly data review meeting at councils’ level by supporting program performance presentation preparations, and data interpretation.
- Organize and manage all Quality Improvement (QI) activities of the Rafiki-SDO. Other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, public health, Information technology, Computer science, demography, or other social science area.
- Academic qualification in monitoring and evaluation will be an added advantage.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years professional experience working in Monitoring, Evaluation, and reporting, preferably working with donor funded programs.
- Adept at data quality assessment, data analysis, visualization, and use
- 2 – 3 years’ work experience supporting technical or programmatic activities in orphans and vulnerable children (experience with health facility setting a plus)
- Experience with DHIS2 preferred other software a plus.
- Experience implementing qualitative and quantitative research a plus
- Report writing and publication skills
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills in English and Kiswahili
- Excellent peoples and partnership skills.
- Collaborative team player with leadership skills
- Experience with PEPFAR 3.0 funded projects in Tanzania is a plus
- The candidate should have experience in training / workshop facilitation, mentoring and proven ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with government and other NGO counterparts.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple teams, partner agencies and community members. Knowledge of different database software
- Proficient with MS Excel, SPSS, Stata etc.
- Availability and willingness to travel up to 50% time
HO W TO APPLY:
If you believe you are the ideal person we are looking for, please submit your application letter to Executive Director, Rafiki-SDO, P.O.BOX 177, MUSOMA. Describing why you are the right candidate for this position, curriculum vitae detailing your experience, copy of educational certificates and three (3) professional referees from previous and current place of employment. Please send the application to firstname.lastname@example.org, via Postal or by hand at Rafiki-SDO Musoma, Bweri street.
NOTE: For those who applying through email, should indicate the position title in email subject line. Rafiki-SDO will review the applications sent to the official e-mail address, Postal and application which will be submitted to Rafiki-SDO office. The closing date for the applications will be Tuesday, 12 April 2022, 17:00
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted